Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Incra/Jessem gloat.

Very nice, Bill. I did a similar thing a couple of years ago. I already had the Jessem fence and Mitr-Slide. So I got the Incra LS Positioner and attached it to the Jessem fence. They work great together and, like you, I get the advantage of precision fence movement.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Aluminum blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    Yes for now. If I build an extender to move it away from the fence it'll still work. What I want to do is have a couple blocks of aluminum made so It can be set up either way easily.
    Bill, Check with John, he sells the MFT dogs on ebay, he's easy to work with and if he can, he'll machine the aluminum blocks to your specs, Toolimprovements@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Moyer View Post
    Sounds great, Bill! Now maybe you'll finally be able to put some quality into your work, as it's really been lacking so far!
    Can't wait to see what you turn out next! keep those humi pics coming.
    My sentiments exactly. When it comes to accuracy Bill is already way ahead of most of us. I can't imagine what he'll be able to do with this set up. Yes, Bill we're waiting for the details. Some more tutorials on your techniques would be great too.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Blog Entries
    I'll be trying a new inlay design I came up with shortly. I'll take pics once I figure out how to get the last little detail. I should be using it on the next humidor. Thanks again for all the wonderful compliments as well. You guys are truly an inspiration.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Walls View Post
    Bill, Check with John, he sells the MFT dogs on ebay, he's easy to work with and if he can, he'll machine the aluminum blocks to your specs, Toolimprovements@comcast.net

Bill if you get John to make those blocks let me know. I'll want to purchase a set also.

Thanks,

Louis

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    Very nice, Bill. I did a similar thing a couple of years ago. I already had the Jessem fence and Mitr-Slide. So I got the Incra LS Positioner and attached it to the Jessem fence. They work great together and, like you, I get the advantage of precision fence movement.
    Can you provide detailed pictures on how you attached the two?

Thanks,

Louis

I am very curious about how this has worked out for you. Could you post a photo of how you mounted the Jessem piece?

I've had the same dissatisfaction with the 'right angle' jig that comes with the Positioner. Can't wait to see pics; I'm going to do this too.

Blog Entries
    Been using it for quite some time now, still works perfectly. I've done thousands of dovetail joints using it & it's never gone out of adjustment.

Bill, thanks for replying! Could you post a few photos of how you mounted them Jessem slide?

Blog Entries
    Sure no problem but that fence is at my shop at work, I go back on Tuesday.

Blog Entries
    If you look at the pic on page 1, at the ends where the red loop that holds the rod, you can see a small 2"x1/2"x1" block at each end. That's about all it takes, it was a very easy transformation. I'll still take some close up pics next week.

I have had the Incra setup for a couple of years and love it. I recently bought a big lot of tools from a guy that was retiring. In this I got a Jessem router table setup. This is what I came up with today. I used a piece of angle iron I had lying around. This setup is no less stable/rigid than with the Incra fence. I can easily install the Incra fence if I want to with the two fence mounting screws.

Blog Entries
    I'm liking that way too. I have 5 incra fences, I may have to set up another one your way. Thanks for the pics.

I plan to fabricate a dust extraction port off of the Jessem piece on the top rail of the fence. Not sure what to use yet. Thinking it would be handy or cool to use something clear..

I want to put this positioner/fence setup on a dedicated table. Been thinking about either the Incra or WoodPeckers table and stand.