Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest couple of collaborative vessels

Latest couple of collaborative vessels

Here's Our latest collaborative pieces. Both are Hard Maple.
    The Blue one is 6 5/8" tall & 5"dia. The other one is 12" tall 6 1/4" dia.
    So what do you think of these?
    We'll have another one that's 22 1/2" tall hickory that I think has some specular grain coming soon, so watch for it.
    Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Joe, check the listed dimension on the first bowl.?!? Both are nice, but the wood really shows well in the second one and that would be my pic. But, you do some awesome work with the coloration and finish!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Joe, check the listed dimension on the first bowl.?!? Both are nice, but the wood really shows well in the second one and that would be my pic. But, you do some awesome work with the coloration and finish!!
    Thanks John.
    The dimensions are correct. The Blue & black one is 6 & 5/8" tall & 5" dia.

Beautiful pieces both Joe but that blue one knocks my socks off. What great finishes you have...Bill..

Beautiful vases Joe. Really like both and the colored on is really nice.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Joe - as always - very nice work! Both of these vases are outstanding! I find myself drawn to the Blue and Black one - not because of the outstanding finish but because of the the elongated neck. Really makes the form!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Very nice pieces. Finish is great. You do not mention who your collaborator is? I may have missed this on previous posts.

Beautiful form on both and two more "wow" finishes. I think I prefer the natural one.

Pretty nice stuff Joe! I could guess they were yours from the pictures. How finished?
    Richard in Wimberley

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Meirhaeghe View Post
    Thanks John.
    The dimensions are correct. The Blue & black one is 6 & 5/8" tall & 5" dia.
    Talk about an optical illusion!! They both look proportionately about the same - a bit taller than wide. Yet the second one is twice as tall as it is wide!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hubl View Post
    Very nice pieces. Finish is great. You do not mention who your collaborator is? I may have missed this on previous posts.
    Thanks Mark
    My collaborator is Steve Sinner. Steve started mentoring me a little over 2 yrs ago. Now we work on collaborative pieces together about once a week.
    I'm still learning from Steve. You can not spend any time with Steve and Not Learn something new every day your with him.
    I am truly fortunate to have Steve as a FRIEND & Mentor & take me in under his wing to start working with him.

These are two very fine pieces, while the forms are great, the finish is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Joe - as always - very nice work! Both of these vases are outstanding! I find myself drawn to the Blue and Black one - not because of the outstanding finish but because of the the elongated neck. Really makes the form!
    Thanks Steve.
    I find myself drawn to the form of the Black & Bule one myself.

Nice forms and super finishes!

Joe, The finish on them is very nice! The depth and shine is incredible. Tho colors are nice and add some different class to otherwise plain wood, grain is nice but embellishments really set things off.

Great pieces,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

very nice, Joe, who do you do the collaborative vessels with???

i am with John on the dimensions, hard for me to see those sizes