Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bandsaw set up problem

I called Highlander Woodworker and their C/S was very nice. I explained the problems I had and what had been done to correct. They agreed that 1/4" drift was excessive in a 10 " cut and offered to replace the blade.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyy Johnson View Post
    * Put a level on the wheels. When I adjust the top wheel so the blade runs in the center, the bottom wheel blade is to close to the front on the wheel. When I adjust it to the center on top the level shows at least a 1/4" gap at the top of the top wheel.(level gap)
    I'm not exactly sure what you are describing, but on my Rikon 18" the blade was pretty close to the front of the bottom wheel when it was tracking to the middle of the top wheel. There was a note on their website that explained how you could adjust the tilt of the bottom wheel to adjust for this. Once I tweaked it a bit, the blade tracked to the center of both wheels. I suppose it is possible that if your lower wheel is slightly off and you have to adjust the tracking a lot to account for that, that you would see more blade drift than normal.

Good luck!

---Mike

The Mfg. is going to replace the blade for me and I sent it back yesterday. I know that my bottom wheel, unlike the top is pressed on and has a key way. I'm going to check it out to see if I can get a washer behind it, to move it forward a little. Also, since my backup blade cut straight, I believe the worst is behind me.

Thanks
    JJ