Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A crib for the first baby...

Mreza,

Very nice work. How does it convert to a bed?

Wow! That has to be the nicest crib I have ever seen. Very elegant. Extremely well designed and crafted.

Realy realy nice work. A real classic piece! you have to be proud of your work!

Mreza, Great looking crib. I am just starting to plan out the furniture for our first baby's room (wife is due end of March) and am looking at also building the crib. We like the looks of the arched back cribs like you built. Question though on the little detail molding under the curved top. Is that just a strait piece of molding you bent into place and glued? If so any issues with it cracking, etc? Thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fairbanks View Post
    Mreza, Great looking crib. I am just starting to plan out the furniture for our first baby's room (wife is due end of March) and am looking at also building the crib. We like the looks of the arched back cribs like you built. Question though on the little detail molding under the curved top. Is that just a strait piece of molding you bent into place and glued? If so any issues with it cracking, etc? Thanks Chris
    It's bent laminated (just like the cap) and then routed on the router table. I suppose you can cut the piece from a wide piece also (instead of bent lamination).

Early congratulations on your new addition to the family!

Wow...that's really beautiful work!! And congrats on the upcoming addition to your family. You will not run out of "necessary projects". Of course, when you get the time away from required child-care. LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...