Thread: G0440 Measurements

G0440 Measurements

Hello all, just wondering if someone with a Grizzly G0440 dust collector could take some measurements for me.

Just trying to be sure it will fit where I want it. I have some obstructions but by the look of the Griz site they shouldn't be a a problem.

I would like the height from the floor to the top of the motor flange. The large square green piece on top of the cyclone body.

Also, if someone had the distance from the wall to the inside of the of the motor, basically how far the motor sticks out from the wall.

Thanks so much!!

Jeff
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Jeff...

If the G0440 is the 2 hp model, that's what I have in my shop. I can measure the height and distance from the wall, but mine has the Griz stand so I'm not sure if those measurements will work unless you are going to use the same stand.

Let me know whether to take the measurements with the stand or how I might adjust for what you are planning to do.

...Bob

That would be great if you could measure, the G0440 is the 2hp...

If you could measure the height from the floor to the top of where the motor mounts and the distance from the back of the green frame at the top to the inside of the motor that would be awesome!

I have a beam in the way and I think the motor will fit beside it but need some measurements to be sure

Thanks so much! Jeff
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Blog Entries
    That's the one I have but to conserve room I mounted the filter on the same side as the intake. This is Grizzly approved but does create a stand off requirement from the wall of about 3-1/2". Here's the manual page:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sudmeier View Post
    That would be great if you could measure, the G0440 is the 2hp...

If you could measure the height from the floor to the top of where the motor mounts and the distance from the back of the green frame at the top to the inside of the motor that would be awesome!

I have a beam in the way and I think the motor will fit beside it but need some measurements to be sure

Thanks so much! Jeff
    Jeff...

I might not have measured where you wanted. Mine is 104" from the floor to the top of the plate that is mounted alongside the motor and that is drilled for a block and tackle type lift. It is a bit taller than the motor. It is important to note that I have 18" of hose from the cyclone to the 35 gal drum.

If you need the measurement from the floor to the actual motor mount plate (where the motor is bolted to the impeller housing), let me know.

The distance from the Frame to the motor is about 7.5" depending upon which way the motor is facing (there are wiring and capacitor boxes hanging off the motor an two sides).

If this isn't what you need, let me know. You could call me when I am in the shop tomorrow and we could walk through the measurements.

...Bob

Thanks so much!! That's what I needed, it looks like it will fit
    Jeff Sudmeier