Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: John Lucas of Woodshop Demos, RIP

As busy as John was, He would always promptly answer my e-mails and questions in a prompt manner. He was truly a great guy and gentleman. We are losing a great generation of gentlemen.
    Good Luck:
    Don Selke

Julius A. Dooman & Son Woodworking
    My Mentor, My teacher. "Gone but not forgotton"

RIP John,

You really helped a lot of woodworker's, new and experienced with your teaching.

Thanks
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

I was very sad to learn of this news. John was a wonderful contributor to the woodworking community for a very long time. He will be missed. I hope that his online resources will remain available to so many who benefit from them.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

His was the first web site woodworking site I discovered after this one. Condolences to his family.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Sandy, John's wife, has checked in on this thread and passes along her utmost thanks to all those who have been so kind. She is touched by your sympathies.

Sandy is working to try to keep the website up and will continue to sell John's CD's until the inventory runs out.

Thanks all,

Gail

My condolences to his family. I really enjoy visiting his website and decided to order his CD. RIP John!
    chris

My condolences to his family.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Stahl View Post
    My condolences to his family. I really enjoy visiting his website and decided to order his CD. RIP John!
    Mine arrived today.

Hope it helps the family.

My condolences to them, too....

Rest in Peace John.

I have been so busy with work and nearly no time in the shop. This morning I was trying to figure out how to connect up the parallel guide for my Festool MFT and I went out to John Lucas's website to learn he had passed away last month. Wow !! I was floored. I express my deepest sympathies to John's wife Sandy, family and his friends.

I had the pleasure to meet John a few years back when he graciously opened his shop door to host a Festool Fest. It was such a nice event and to meet someone like John who was so knowledgeable in woodworking.

John I am going to miss you and the contributions you have made to the woodworking community. Rest in peace my friend.

Rich
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

My sincere condolences to John's family. John was a class act and a truly great teacher.He will be very much missed.
    God speed John.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

I feel like a fool for posting now but it is a great loss. I was planning an overseas trip for my family and really hadn't been checking SMC or Woodshop demos for most of Feb and March.

He had (has) a really nice site. Very sad
    "He who saves one life, saves the world entire"