Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Lucas of Woodshop Demos, RIP

John Lucas of Woodshop Demos, RIP

Soft and safe by thy resting place:
    John Lucas
    Woodworker
    Website Host - Woodshopdemos
    Passed away February 22, 2010

Some thought John's passion was for woodworking; John's passion was to inspire the woodworker in all of us by giving us the instruction and confidence to tackle a project, to learn a new skill and to craft a piece that we could enjoy for years to come. John will be missed by many.

I am sorry to check in and fill you in on this news. I know he counted you among his friends. My sympathy go out to Sandy, John's wife and his children and his grandchildren. A memorial service will be held later this spring.

Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 02-23-2010 at 8:21 PM. Reason: removed link to other forum

Requiscat in Pace John Lucas

He will be missed. His demos have been helpful to me and I'm sure others.

God Speed.

Richard
    Richard

I did a search on Google to see if I could learn more. Immediately after his website, the second hit was headlined "John Lucas joins Gallery of Woodworking Greats." The link was referencing something else but how apropo.

If someone does find an obituary, or more information about the memorial service, please post the info. (remove the link if necessary...)

Like many people here I used John's site a lot. He made a wealth of information available for the woodworking community. His presence will be missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I posted the announcement on another forum and Ray was kind to pass it along here.

I emailed with John's wife Sandy, there isn't any other information at this time. A memorial will be held for John in June.

If there is any update or information, I will pass it along.

I had the opportunity to spend time with John in his workshop. I owe much of my woodworking success to his support and teaching. I will miss him.
    Last edited by Gail O'Rourke; 02-23-2010 at 9:07 PM.

OMG, this is terrible news. John was a wonderful, kind and generous man. What a loss to the ww community. He will be missed by many.
    My condolances to his family.

Bob
    bob m

He will be missed by many.

I always enjoyed his website and tutorials. I spent many an hour there.

God speed
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Very Sad

He was so devoted to passing along instruction in our persuit of craftsmanship.

First Niki now John we are all at a loss
    Last edited by Dan Lee; 02-23-2010 at 9:30 PM.

God speed John. I spent an hour on his website just this morning - was thinking of getting his CD. I will miss his on-going story.

11. Very sad news. I thought John just posted a couple of days ago, so I searched SMC. John did post on the Feb. 22nd. He passed too fast! I didn't get the chance to meet him personally, but visited his website many times. I always appreciated his thorough reviews. Through his reviews, he helped me a lot. He was one of those woodworkers that made it look easy.

It would be a nice tribute to a great mentor of woodworking, if we could somehow ensure that his contributions and reviews (via his website) live on. I am not sure how to accomplish this, but we, as a woodworking community, should not allow his work, and contribution of knowledge, to be lost.

I understand it is soon, but if anyone has any ideas, please post.

Thank you John, for everything. My sincerest sympathy to John's family.

Bill
    Last edited by Anthony Anderson; 02-23-2010 at 9:47 PM.

What are you guys talking about??? Are you talking about John Lucas of turning fame??? Are you talking about the moderator for the turning forum on the Wood site????
    Last edited by John Terefenko; 02-23-2010 at 9:54 PM.
    John T.

Quote Originally Posted by John Terefenko View Post
    What are you guys talking about??? Are you talking about John Lucas of turning fame??? Are you talking about the moderator for the turning forum on the Wood site????
    Nope, neither one. John Lucas was the creator of Woodshopdemos as well as a frequent forum poster. Here's his web-site. http://www.woodshopdemos.com/

Moderators; please remove link if not allowed.

Bob
    bob m

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Marino View Post
    Nope, neither one. John Lucas was the creator of Woodshopdemos as well as a frequent forum poster. Here's his web-site. http://www.woodshopdemos.com/

Moderators; please remove link if not allowed.

Bob

Ok thanks Bob. I just saw the name and wasn't sure. Anyone who contributes like that will surely be missed. Rest in peace John.
    John T.

I am very sorry to hear this. God speed John.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.