Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need new staple gun

Need new staple gun

I have an old Spotnails air stapler that has outlived its usefulness. Parts no longer available. Am looking at the Hitachi N3804AB3, 1 1/2 narrow crown stapler. Lowes shows it on their website for $89.
    Anyone own this gun? If so, what do you think about it?

Thanks for any reviews you might have.

joe

Never used it but seems good; I have the Porter Cable version. Price appears right in line with the others. You might like to check out what they have in store, both Lowes and Home Depot. A lot of time times they have the Porter Cable combo kits that include not only the stapler but a couple brad nailers plus a small compressor for like $150. Always nice to have an extra compressor in the garage.

I have one. It's does the task at hand. But isn't my favorite gun to use. All my other guns feel more solid, even my pinner. This gun feels like a toy.

Need new staple gun

Thanks for your input. I hadn't thought about combos. Will check that out when I finish here.
    Thanks again.

joe

The 3 gun combos go on sale sometimes but the usual price is about $250-300. I picked up the Bostich set recently and it was $250 even at $250 with three guns and a pancake it almost doesn't make sense to buy a single gun.

Joe,
    I bought a rebuilt Stanley Bostitch for $41.00 plus shipping. I already have one that is several years old. I had blown out the trigger hooking it into an unregulated outlet on my air system. Later had the trigger replaced for 15 bucks. The "rebuilt" gun looks brand new. Google it and I am sure the same deal is available on several sites.
    fmr

Hitachi Stapler

I bought one from amazon. It drives the staples too deep. At the lowest pressure and shallowest setting they are driven way below the surface. At higher pressure they are driven out of sight. Customer service is nearly non-existent; first they did not answer and did not call back. Then, the person who answered did not know anything and told me I could return it if I thought it was defective. On Amazon, the Porter Cable is said to be prone to jamming. I may try another Hitachi. My son had a framing nailer that was really a good tool.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth kayser View Post
    I bought one from amazon. It drives the staples too deep.
    Did you confirm that you were only supplying 70 psi to the stapler, as the instructions call for?

I bought a Bostich today for use in the next couple of days. I did hook it up and drive a few. It seems to work as expected.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

If you're not in a hurry, keep an eye on tooliday.com (and the "air" and "fastener" sections too). Different staplers pop up there pretty often.

HF has an interesting gun.

It's a 2" 16ga / 1 1/4" 18 ga staple combination.

I'm half tempted to get one despite a bad experience w/HF air nailers.

IIRC, it's on some sort of sale right now - ~ $35.00 I think.

I've had a Bostich for about 15 years. Had to repair the trigger mechanism once, for about $15, but I'd definitely buy another. If you want the best, though, get a Senco SKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Overton View Post
    Did you confirm that you were only supplying 70 psi to the stapler, as the instructions call for?
    Yes, and the gauge was checked.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I’m not a fan of HF by any stretch of the imagination but I needed a stapler for a one time job. I picked up their 18 Gauge 1/4" Crown Air Stapler and shot almost 1 full box (5000) staples without any jams. I haven’t used it since but for $25, I was impressed with the performance.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Reconditioned Sales has your Hitachi for $59, and the Bostich 2 in 1 for $33, both reconditioned.