Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hairline?

Hairline?

Anyone else have intermittent problems with their laser recognizing the hairline as the cut line?
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Occasionally corel will send a hairline as an engrave image. I can tell if the image is only hairline and the print file is combined (vector and engrave)and it take too long for the file to transfer to the laser. I usually view the file in the laser and find it as a engraved and resend it to the laser.
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

Most of the time when it happens, it recognizes the hairline as a fatter line and won't cut. Yesterday it tried to raster the hairline. When it does it the only thing I can do is re boot the laser and the computer.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Can you specify a width, like .001"? Works in Adobe. I think if I'm engraving and cutting in 1200dpi, I might have to specify a narrower line width, can't remember exactly.
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

I've tried that, didn't work. Reckon it's a Corel problem or a driver issue?
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Brian, is it showing at the bottom right hand side of your screen as being a hairline? If it shows anything other than that, it isn't one and needs to be manually changed. An easy way is to click on the line once with the left button on the mouse, go to the colour swatch on the right hand edge of the screen, choose your normal hairline colour and right click on it. That should set it to hairline.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Frank Corker; 02-26-2010 at 7:31 PM.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

It comes up as a hairline in the docker.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Specify the line width @ .025 for vector cut.

Don't ya mean .0025
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

.025 vector line works on our Epilog

.025? You must mean metric?
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

OK. I had to check it 0.025 mm is equal to 0.001 inch. For my epilog, and others I think, a line must be equal to or less than .003 inch for it to vector cut.

Hey James

I think it might depend on dpi. On mine, at 600 dpi .002" will raster engrave.

Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

0.001-inch (0.025mm) outline - is a vector cutting line with Epilog stuff. A question for Brian. Is this doing it on every file or just this one? Also have you checked the options in Corel to see what your default has been set to?
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

We use 0.001 line width for vector cut.
    Laser Products Direct
    Jerry Hewett
    GCC SpiritGX 40W
    EngraveLab Laser
    PhotoGrav
    CorelDraw X3
    Metalphoto Converter
    Brother GT-541 Garment Printer
    Epson Stylus Pro Printer 9700 (44")