Thread: Choice between the Grizzly G1028Z DC and the Delta 50-760

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Choice between the Grizzly G1028Z DC and the Delta 50-760

I need to get a DC for my shop, and I'm looking for a roll around unit that only has to handle 1 thing at a time. I've been looking around and for what would fit my budget I think either the Grizzly G1028Z or the Delta 50-760. I like the 1 micron filtering on the Delta and the fact you can easily put a garbage can below and do a Thien filter on it, but the Grizzly is a good bit cheaper. Any recommendations one way or another?

Thanks.

-Stephen

I like Grizzly but the Delta usually ends up at the top of the heap in the magazine reviews.

I have the Delta (no experience with others) but based on research it was best in its class (terms of filter and "real" suction, not the advertised one).

The FWW issue #183 put the Delta ahead of the Griz for best value and best overall. It stated the Delta was also less expensive when you added the cost of the 1 micron bag to the griz. The performance chart also showed the Delta to be superior to the Griz.

And look what you can do with the Delta:

Thanks for all the replies, it looks like the Delta it is then.

:-)

Looks like Amazon has the best price, I'll have to order it through the SMC link.

:-)

-Stephen

I have the Delta, and have it permanently piped to 5 different machines. My longest run is about 10', and it works fine for me.