Thread: Started Dust Collector Install - Stealth Gloat

Started Dust Collector Install - Stealth Gloat

Well I started my dust collector install yesterday and it soon became clear that my original plan wouldn't work...

My original plan was to come up from the collector to the ceiling and then make two drops, there really isn't space for that since my wood rack is in the way. One drop would be right next to the collector to service the Tablesaw that is just out of view of the picture in the front right and my router table that is below the bosch powerbox radio. It would also service a floor sweep.

So the new plan is to make a drop right out of the collector and feed the table saw, wye right below the fittings you can see and feed the router table and floor sweep and go under (on the floor) the scrap storage that you can see behind the jointer. That run would service the jointer, planer and a future bandsaw.

Any better ideas?

Any ideas on how to reduce the curves coming out of the dust collector, they are all 45 degrees or less, but it seems like a lot of them.

This thing sucks like crazy so much more than my old one so I'm having a hard time understanding if all the elbows could be changed.

P.s. It had never seen dust, never had a duct hooked to it and I picked it up for $450, did I do okay?

Sorry for the fuzzy photos, used my camera phone and they got reencoded... Also, be quiet about the mess, I have two tons of crap in a 50lb sack so when I reorganize I have to make a huge mess before I can clean up!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeff Sudmeier; 03-01-2010 at 8:06 AM.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Jeff...

You done well. $450 is about 1/2 what those sell for. As for the plumbing, I found long radius elbows at a sorta local HVAC store. They are not the segmented swivel type and that makes the flow more even.

...Bob