Thread: ?? about Dynamite Tool Co .com

?? about Dynamite Tool Co .com

Just wondering if anyone has ever ordered from here before.... www.dynamitetoolco.com ... they seem to have the new stanley 92 rabbet plane for about $85 shipped, which is substantially lower than anywhere else around...almost low enough to make me want to buy a tool made in mexico....
    That which does not kill you will likely raise your insurance premiums.

Chuck,

Hi, Dynamite Tool is about 3 miles from me, and I've bought a lot of stuff from them. They have been good to deal with in the retail store, but I've never mail-ordered from them.

Pete

I am always in Dynamite Tool, it is a well stocked tool store. I also know the owner very well. He is a very fair and honest businessman. He makes his money in volume and keeps his mark up fairly low.
    That being said, hand tools, like the Stanley planes are not items that are stocked, so I am sure it is an item that is drop shipped from the manufacture. Not that this is a negative, but someone shouldn't expect to walk in the store and find every thing that is listed on the online site.

Good luck,

Richard
    Richard

Dredging up a year-old post ....

On 2/12, I ordered a Bosch 1613 AEVS plunge router, and an associated gizmo or two, from these folks.

At some point, the order status went to "Processing" mode, with the following additional information:

NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable.
    For a couple weeks, that didn't change.

This morning, I phoned. They're waiting for THEIR order to come in, from Bosch -- meaning: they didn't have what I ordered on hand (at least, not in sufficient quantities), when I ordered it.

So ... it was backordered, with no indication that it was BEING backordered.

When my Woodpecker PRL was going to take as long to get to me as an elephant takes to gestate a baby [], Woodpecker gave me plenty of advance notice, and ... I bought in.

I wish that retailers like Dyanamite would be MORE up-front, in situations like this.

Because ... I would have ordered it from Amazon, instead, and would have been using my new router for a couple of weeks by now.

[NOTE: Yes. I know. That's WHY they don't tell you this, up front: to avoid losing a sale ]

I've ordered a couple things from Dynamite and had good experiences both times. Both were mail order, both I believe were drop-shipped direct from manufacturer/distributor. Both arrived quickly and undamaged. The prices for some things are GREAT, others just OK. Sounds like the folks that know them personally have good things to say too. Too bad about the back-order deal above. I know it's annoying, but generally those situations can be remedied by a phone call.

Ryan

Never heard of them before, but they look legit and the prices aren't that bad. Will definitely check them out next time I'm doing some shopping.