Thread: Old Tool Chest- Boxes

Old Tool Chest- Boxes

I have two old toolboxes that I bought with tools in them and used for a few years. A few years ago I built a rolling box with drawers that made accessing the tools eaiser and have had these boxes in the way ever sence. Should I see if anyone will buy or trade something for them, try to give them away or strip the hardware off them and throw them in the dumpster. I have no idea what or if they are worth anything.
    Cannon
    Attached Images Attached Images

They're definitely not worthless. I have a few toolboxes that came packed with goodies and now I use them for parts and hardware storage, and misc. hand tool storage. I'd hate to see you throw them away, maybe put them on craigslist of you really don't want them. Some people like them for coffee tables?

There are quite a few of them cleaned up inside and made into blanket chests. One of the funniest things that happens to me when some women see my tool chests with the Parquetry in the lids, they come running up and loudly proclaim, "Get them filthy tools out of those Blanket Chests, before you RUIN them!" They really don't appreciate it when I end up in a fit of laughter! LOL

One lady even started to grab my tools and throw them on the ground, good thing I was on grass.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Blog Entries
    Surely some young one would love them to paint up and use as toy boxes.

If the wood is any good, taking them apart may be an option.

Like James said, put them on Craigslist free stuff if you do not want them and they will surely disappear.

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

As someone who likes old boxes and trunks I am often pleasantly surprised at how little you can buy them for.

I go to different auctions throughout the year and you can pick these things up for $1 -- at any of them. If they look like something .... maybe $5. The really nice old trunks still in good shape -- ones with alligator -- max $50.

I see a guy occasionally -- his hobby is to rebuild the top quality ones and sell them to a place in NYC. He has people that look for him -- he rarely goes over $60.00. The home made ones are basically worthless -- unless Washington used it

Boxes

I'm strapped for space. They'd be out waiting for the big white truck that scares the dog right now. I'm a demon when it comes to keeping old stuff that only takes up space. My wife is another story altogether.

Thanks
    Apparently they are not worth much if anything. I'm going to take the hardware off them and throw them on the next brush pile.
    Cannon