Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excalibur ceiling mount gloat

Excalibur ceiling mount gloat

Got my excalibur ceiling mount done today. seems to work really good . I used 1x1 sqare stock to secure it to the ceiling.

Very cool!

I had been curious about these. I like their over-arm but it seems it would requre some thought for me to use the ceiling mount. I would have to figure a way to get it to swing out of the plane of the blade or up significantly higher.

I had not seen this before. I like it. Just another thing to add to the shop...

very cool setup.

Can you get it completely out of the way very easily? Say for example, if you want to make tenons with your tenoning jig?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aeschliman View Post
    very cool setup.

Can you get it completely out of the way very easily? Say for example, if you want to make tenons with your tenoning jig?
    Thats my issue, tenons and cutting keys on box sides etc.

I used 1 inch square flat stock tubung so i can get some 1.25 stock and make a slip joint so i can move it easily. i will pull 2 pins and the entire setup is gone . takes about 3 minutes

Just a bit jealous. Looks super!

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks very nice, I like the Excalibur guard.

The saw mounted one swings out of the way for blade changes, or can be telescoped to the right as desired.

Regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aeschliman View Post
    very cool setup.

My Excalibur has a tube within a tube that allows the boom to slide out of the way if required. It takes some fiddling to both move it out of the way and back in place, but it isn't too painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Nagle View Post
    My Excalibur has a tube within a tube that allows the boom to slide out of the way if required. It takes some fiddling to both move it out of the way and back in place, but it isn't too painful.
    Sean, is yours one of the newer models where the entire boom pivots out of the way after releasing a lever?

Mine is the older style that the boom is held with a bolt, not as convenient as the new model.

Regards, Rod.

Mine is the older one. I didn't know the newer one had that feature. That would be very convenient.

Good plan on the telescoping. Again, great looking setup. I bet it's a huge improvement over having nothing!

I've been thinking about doing the same, but now I'm thinking about a sawstop (with the dust collecting blade guard). Otherwise, I'd be copying you.

Peter,

If you're really interested in getting most of the sawdust from a TS, you really need to capture it below AND above the table so keep thinking....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Blog Entries
    Awesome, my school's tablesaw needs a guard and I was thinking about ceiling mount. Looks great!

Blog Entries
    Sweet. I often have to swing mine completely out of the way but, ceiling mount was my original intention. Looks great.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler