Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro

Intro

I am you posting to say hi, I am pretty new to the creek (have been lurking a bit) and this is my first post. I have recently been bitten by the woodworking bug and am hopeing to be able to eventually create some project upto the standard I have seen here, however the LOML currently believes I am a tool collector, not a woodworker. I am in Gainesville, FL and am in the process of clearing some of my 2 car garage in order to set up a shop. Anyway I enjoy the forum and look foward to seeing all the posted projects.

Welcome, Jamie. That project you're holding in your avatar pic is pretty cute!

Don't worry about living up to the standards. With the size limitation of our pictures, nobody else can see the mistakes.

Welcome to the 'Creek, Jamie.....take and leave info as you deem necessary! By the way.....beware Chris Padilla and Tyler......they are known as the "Photo Cops" and will hound you if you don't post pictures regulary! Again, Welcome!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Welcome to Saw Mill Creek Jamie.

Don't worry about it, I expect that most members who have a spouse have a spouse who thinks that that person is a tool collector.

Welcome, also watch for that Mr. Becker. He just shows up at peoples shops !

hehehehe.

Welcome Jamie. This is a great place to hang out.
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    By the way.....beware Chris Padilla and Tyler......they are known as the "Photo Cops" and will hound you if you don't post pictures regulary!
    Ken haven't seen any pictures of your new shop! what's up with that?? If I had a new shop, I'd be showing pictures for every one to see the progress.
    Hi Jamie Welcome!
    I mean really a new shop and no pictures for a long long while. Really. How could any one with a brand spanking new shop not...........
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Welcome, Jamie! Nice place to hang your waders...

Yea, I do show up at shops occasionally...and Gainesville is just a few miles north of my parent's place in Summerfield below Ocala. BTW, Creeker Jerry Todd lives right around the corner from you...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I live in Lake Mary a few hours south of you. Kent Cori lives in G'ville also.

Welcome to the creek.

Kevin

Hi Jamie -

Welcome to the Creek. Great place to hang out and dangle your feet. You have already been warned about the photo police.

Regards,
    Ted

Hi Jamie,

We are just having fun with you regarding pics and Tyler and I (for some unknown reason) have been labeled as such--unfairly I might add! Still, it is fun to see pics and they are worth about 10,000 words on here when you have a problem or want to gloat!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Welcome to SMC Jamie! A better class of humans frequent these boards. Lots to learn. Lots to share.

Todd

13. Welcome Jamie, you could not have found a better swimmin' hole or better folks to get your feet wet with. Really nice bunch of folks here. You'll enjoy coming back to the Creek!
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Welcome Jamie

I'm just north of you in Lake City. Welcome to the Creek, great place to be with the best group of folks ever. Don't be bashful, every question is welcome and warmly responded to. Share your experiences, both good and bad. We learn from each others successes, we learn from each others mistakes.
    Tony

Jamie,

Hey, it's great to have another Hog Towner wallowing around in the Creek! I was beginning to give up hope of finding someone else in Gainesville who is a woodworker. If you'd like to get togehter this weekend or some other time, I'd love to show you my garage shop and the huge pile of firewood I've made over the years.

Jerry Todd lives in Alachua and has a seperate shop and collection of toys that is to die for. If we add Kevin and Tony, we might have enough for a good poker game.
    Last edited by Kent Cori; 11-02-2004 at 9:24 PM.
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb