Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sawstop - where'd u get yrs?

Sawstop - where'd u get yrs?

I'm considering purchasing a Sawstop.
    Just curious where u've found the best prices.

Please don't let this be a debate on the merits of SS. I've just decided it's right for me...

Watching this thread closely as I am very near a purchase myself!
    Sawdust is some of the best learning material!

No sales on SawStop. You might get some extra thrown in, but not a lower price. I didn't get anything extra, I didn't really ask though. Maybe you could negotiate that into the purchase. At least try to get delivery to your house/shop, that would be a great help.

I purchased mine at the local Acme Tools/Electric, formerly Tool Crib of the North (before Amazon purchased that name store).

Good luck. Bill

I purchased my Industrial SS about a year after they were introduced. I bought it from a local dealer and at that time there were no charges for shipping from SS to the dealer. I tried for extras including free delivery to my shop 8 miles away and the best I could do was to get the delivery fee cut from $100 to $50.

Not sure you'll find varying prices try to negotiate addtional servce.
    I dealt with a local dealer for my ICS 3 years ago. They provided all set up and delivery. It was wheeled off the lift gate into my shop ready to go

I bought mine from Woodcraft. Generally, I buy everything through my local Woodcraft that I can. They always take truly excellent care of me. I never worry about a Woodcraft purchase. If the mfg. doesn't take care of me, my local Woodcraft will.

My SS had two parts missing. Actually, they sent me four of one part instead of 2 of one and 2 of another (base stiffeners...no big deal). My local Woodcraft took the two stiffeners off their own saw and gave them to me to get me up and running. When the 2 from SS came in, I gave them to Woodcraft and they installed them back on their saw.

Small things like that keep me going back. Of course, the stores are individually owned, so the fact that my local one is fantastic doesn't mean they're all like that.

I got mine from Woodcraft at regular price.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I also bought my saw from Woodcraft. It is my understanding that Sawstop does not allow dealers to sell their products less than others. We had a dealer in Fort Smith Arkansas that lost their franchise with Saw Stop for that reason. You also have to buy local, you cannot buy from a store that does not have authority to sell in your region.

I could tell you but then I would have to......... awe heck who cares anymore.

I bought mine directly from sawstop. But that was a year ago during the field test program, before regular saws were in production. Sawstop doesn't sell directly to the public to protect their dealers. They also price protect their saws. So the SAW should be the same price from dealer to dealer. To find a dealer go to SS web site. But dealers get a break on shipping if they buy X amount of saws. So a small dealer may try to charge you shipping, but a most larger dealers will wave the shipping.

Another way to save a little is to travel to a near state that has lower sales tax. For example sales tax is 7.375% in MN but only 4% in SD. That would have saved me a little over $100 on the whole package if I bought from a dealer. It doesn't pay if you have to travel, you should support your local dealer. But if you live 30 miles from a different state it might be worth it.

Sawstop is also running a promo right now, get 2 free titanium blades when you buy a new PCS saw. Until the end of April. The titanium blades are good blades I have heard. I have not tried mine, but the carbide on them is nice and large, should last a while. The stock blade is ok but nothing special.

I bought mine from a localish Woodcraft in 2006 - at 2006 prices. That Woodcraft is now closed. I would question the shipping. Back then I paid shipping to the store and then drove to go get it. I have heard some stores do not charge shipping if they have them in stock.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I got lucky.....

I bought my 5 hp ICS off Craig's List

jim
    Life is just a series of projects.........

I see you are in NJ. I got mind about 2 years ago from Force Machinery in union, NJ. Great price good people and a great saw. Would do it again in a blink. Call Jim he is the owner.
    -=Jason=-

I know Woodcraft sends out a 10% off coupon at least once a year that includes power tools (bought a band saw with it a couple of years ago). Does anyone know if that excludes SawStop?

I am pretty sure that coupons don't include SS... or festool.

When I bought mine, I called three different places (two woodcrafts and berlands). Each place acted like I was a SS narc, looking to take away the distribution licences from a naughty, discounting dealer. I ended up making my decision based on sales tax. Chicago/Cook County has some ridiculous taxes, so I went to a Woodcraft outside Cook.

Woodcraft has shipped the front rail somewhere before selling it to me, and it has been damaged--the angle iron and the tube. SS shipped me another, and I killed it by stripping the screws. SS shipped me a third, and it got damaged by FedEx... but only a little. I had to buy a tap & die kit to keep from stripping the screws on that too, and I am using that today. Otherwise, no issues in the purchase.

I've used one, great saw but I don't own one.
    Last edited by Jay Jolliffe; 03-08-2010 at 8:35 PM.