Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser Tile horizontal lines

Almost looks like moire effect

I think it's more of a resolution issues as it appears to be more of an moire effect.

Bugs
    Bugs

Trotec Speedy 300 - 80W
    Job Control X
    Mac/Fusion 10
    Corel 2018

Thanks Ross that website help me understand more on resolution. I did couple of test run today. With some improvements I believe the problem is along what everyone stated in regards to resolution. Today test run. Here is my procedure.
    1) Import photo and resize using resample
    2) Crop to fit my work area
    3) Resample to 300 DPI ( Photo is at 72 dpi in order to process to laser need to make higher dpi)
    4) I try 300,400 and 600 dpi on machine output. all about the same result with the lines. Put better than before it could be the way I am setting up the job.
    Hopefully someone will see what I may be doing wrong.
    Also I never updated the driver for my laser and the machine is now six year old could this be a problem.
    Thanks

It's coming from the resampling. You can't just resample something that's low resolution to high resolution. It's exactly the problem I described before on the 2nd post. If you resample it, you need to apply a guassian blur to it in your photo editor.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I am in disagreement on that 500 dpi. For tile or granite I never go above 200 dpi and just normal engraving 300 dpi. That works great for me.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

When I go to 300 dpi I get a visible "crosshatch" halftone pattern that is visible. Am I doing something wrong? When I go to 600 dpi it isn't visible.

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

this sounds kinda like the problem I had with a photo on acrylic...a few posts down...leaving banding lines.
    I've read everyones suggestions in my post and this one...but I am so computer dumb...or photo prep dumb.
    Is there somewhere I can get a simple check list or something...that is from the point of scanning a photo or exporting a photo into corel.
    I have looked but I just don't understand it all.
    Scan, import, size it, grayscale..etc???
    Linda
    Epilog Helix 45w, Corel x3, Photograv

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boekers View Post
    When I go to 300 dpi I get a visible "crosshatch" halftone pattern that is visible. Am I doing something wrong? When I go to 600 dpi it isn't visible.

Marty
    No. Some people aren't as particular as others. On my materials I run daily, I've run resolution, speed, and power tests on all of them. Not once have I seen 300dpi where the letters actually looked right. They are never smooth and they are never perfectly clear. 500dpi is perfect. As good as 1000dpi as examined with a jewelery loop.

From 1 foot away, you won't notice the difference between 300 and 500dpi. 6", you will. I think my stuff should look great always, not "only from a distance".
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

This look me like barbed wire on original photo....

Norbetto, that is barbed wire, I think they are actually talking about the banding marks which you can see in the background. When I first posted my reply saying dirty encoder strip, I was not able to see the picture close up on my tablet. Now that I see it closer up I would say that it has to be down to the way that the image was processed.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender