Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A/V Unit Sapele and Curly Maple

that quilted maple has me drooling all over my laptop
    Hardware - Shopbot PRSstandard 48x96 with PC router.
    Software - Aspire 2.5, Partworks, Cut 3D, Photo V-Carve
    Open Source/Free - Inkscape, Open Office.

Very nice, now they need to get all the wiring routed through the wall instead of the plastic trim piece.

Wow, realy nice work! Great looking peice!

Hey Craig

Nice work. Some special wood. Nice Asian feel to the piece.

I was nice meeting you and I enjoyed our chat. Hope I didn't keep you from your work too long.

My shopping day was a success spent all my money. Got the cherry wood stowed in the loft. Got all the new Grizzly stuff installed in the shop. Grizzly is not my first choice but I got allot of iron for the price. Heavy duty and smooth running but lacking in refinements.

The previous owner was not a tool tech. Everything was very slightly used and was still mostly covered with cosmoline, even the saw fence rails.

The 17" band saw its nice, smooth running and quiet and with 2 hp, powerful. I also like the 8" joiner, quite a hunk of iron. Both these tools require minor adjustments.

The jury I still out on the 15" planer. The guy must have been planing sand paper the blades were so dull. Had to adjust all the rollers and adjust the table parallel to the cutterhead.

10" table saw is nice and heavy. Shop Fox fence in not as nice as my old Beisemeyer but I work on it. Dialed the fence and saw in and build a sled and it is cutting pretty smooth.

Got another drill press and dust collector too.

Bret

Craig, excellent design work, and the workmanship is top rate! I am not an Asian fan, but this piece works very well, and isn't so heavily Asian as to not fit in with other furniture.

The quilted maple is superb - just a very nice grain pattern, and you got it to pop really well. What was the finish schedule?

Awesome job. Nicely figured wood.

Nice work, but if you are are making nice pieces of work like that then you had better know your woods better ! That ain't curly maple its quilted maple!
    Grillzy