Thread: Exhaust - is it dead?

Exhaust - is it dead?

I have the Central Machinery 1 H Mini that came with the laser. It is a little over three years old. Worked great yesterday. Doesn't work at all today. Checked breaker, switched outlets, check connections of power cord to switch - still won't work. It does nothing when I flip the switch. Any other suggestions, or is it time for it to move on to that great junkyard in the sky (the one where it only has to exhaust fresh, sweet smelling air and not burnt acrylic fumes)?
    Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 03-11-2010 at 3:08 PM.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    I have the Central Machinery 1 H Mini that came with the laser. It is a little over three years old. Worked great yesterday. Doesn't work at all today. Checked breaker, switched outlets, check connections of power cord to switch - still won't work. It does nothing when I flip the switch. Any other suggestions, or is it time for it to move on to that great junkyard in the sky the one where it only has to exhaust fresh, sweet smelling air and not burnt acrylic fumes)?
    If it's the cheapo red one from Harbor Freight, it could be your brushes. I posted a thread about replacements not that long ago.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Thanks for the reply Doug. After I posted I thought to check the brushes (duh-huh). That was the problem.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

I have the same one. I had to take apart the switch and clean the sawdust
    out of it.
    That's one problem of having a laser in a wood shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Stone View Post
    I have the same one. I had to take apart the switch and clean the sawdust
    out of it.
    That's one problem of having a laser in a wood shop.
    Build it a house Chuck!

Bella Terra