Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought I should introduce myself. Pics of projects too

Thought I should introduce myself. Pics of projects too

Well I have been reading this forum for a long time now and started posting a little bit. Got a lot of questions answered here already and enjoy reading all the posts. Figured since most of you guys know each other I should introduce myself before drilling everyone with my questions again

I will try to keep this short and to the point as to not bore everyone.. Currently live in Copley, OH. Am 25 years old and just got engaged as of this year. Work for myself in the computer industry since Highschool. I started woodworking about 2 years ago when I moved into this house, it was my first opportunity I had for a shop. So I basically just started buying random tools and figuring things out on my own. For no one to teach me outside of what I saw on TV(Mostly Norm to start) I think I built some average stuff so far. LOT of trial and error. Enjoy woodworking a lot so I like the stuff I have made.

Posting some pics of a few random old projects that I could find on my hard drive.

1. Entertainment Center: This was my 2nd project I ever attempted. The first was just a basic shelf system. Kind of designed this each piece as I went along. Looking back now I would have done things a lot different, but overall I still like my design and it works.

2. DVD Shelf: This was made after the Entertainment center for some of my DVDs. Its entirely too small now and I need to build something much larger.. Doh.
    3. Mailbox I made for my parents.. From NYW

4. Picnic table I made from NYW as well. Just thought the pic looked kind of neat when I took it from the upper level of living room. Picture makes the leg look off-center, but it is straight. This was also the first thing I built from plans, boy was that a lot easier.

5. And last just a basic coffee table with some cedar inlay I had around. Made for someone that needed the specific dimensions to set something on.

Built a lot of other things around her but just can't seem to find more pictures. I am sure I have bored you all anyways and no one is reading this far..

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone and thank everyone for all the information I have got so far. So now I am not just a stranger asking annoying questions, now you know who that guy is asking the annoying questions..

Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the Creek Matt. Great bunch of people here and you acan learn alot. Just jump right in.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

Matt

Welcome and great projects and results already!! Good group here...
    Jerry

Oh, Matt...you are starting of well, Good Sir!!! Pics and everything!! Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Welcome to the 'Creek...Matt!.......It looks like you got the bug and the talent!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Impressive, imagine how good you will be in 25 years. You also seem to have lots of time, which may deteriorate with the new wife.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Young
    Impressive, imagine how good you will be in 25 years. You also seem to have lots of time, which may deteriorate with the new wife.
    Thanks for the compliment, I do have lots of time since I work at home to sneak into the shop throughout the day.. As for the wife part, she is still working 8 hours a day so I will have my time.

Welcome Matt, there's always room for another Creek wader! Looks like you pick thing up fast but participating in this forum will really accelerate your woodworking knowledge and skills. You're going to love it here. And on top of everything else, you've already satisfied one of the most prominent members of our picuture police.
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

Thumbs up Welcome to the Creek, Matt

It is good to have another creeker from the greater Akron area, being as how I grew up in south Akron. I have been gone for 25 years. But the last time I visited, I didn't recognize the Montrose area, gosh how things have grown

Nice pieces you have made. I like the coffee table in particular.
    Best Regards, Ken

Welcome!

Welcome to the Creek from one Ohio Mat to another! Great projects, and I'm sure you'll find out that the folks here are really patient with questions, so don't be afraid to ask because we all learn

Congrats on the great projects. Look forward to seeing lots of others, too.
    When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.
    Henry J. Kaiser

Matt, I had to re-read your post after admiring your work. Only 2 years, wow, what a fantastic start! I can see some really big things coming from you in the future!
    Shelley

Congratulations on your engagement, Matt. We welcome you and your fiancee to the Creek. You are doing nice work. Keep it up.
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Nice project pics!! Welcome to the Creek.

Wish I had started when I was 25. To think of all the extra years I could have had in the shop. Better late then never I guess. Great work Matt, keep it up. Oh, BTW congratulations.

Lamar

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Matt, welcome to the Creek. Those are very nice "projects"!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney