Thread: Toys...

Toys...

I have bought so many tools lately I almost forgot there were other toys out there.. which is not a bad thing... but as i was looking thru craigs list i just happened to find a motorcycle that I have always wanted to have once again.

What is bad is the guy who was selling it had another bike I liked also, which would seem to be a bad thing,, but then we got to talking and bargaining and both bikes made a real good deal. So I went home today with a really nice 1984 Honda V65 Sabre and a 1985 Honda 700 Nighthawk.

Both started right up, motor sounds great on both and lights work, brakes work, seats are actually there and most importantly horns work..
    I got both of them for 1900 bucks. I was happy Ö¿Ö
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Very nice Karl, I also have a motorcycle addiction, and a tool addiction and a.........

Oh crap, I guess I'm a toy addict.............Rod.

That's way cool! Can you still get parts for older Japanese bikes?

I grew up around motorcycles. My dad was a desert racer. When I was in high school, I wanted one of those Kawasaki, three-cylinder, two-stroke bikes. I assumed it would be impossible to maintain such a bike even if I found one. Perhaps not.

Nice Carl,

Does the V65 sabre have the same motor as the v65 magna? That was a very powerful bike in its day!! I had a v45 and it was a super bike, also had a 700 shadow which was also a gread ride.

2 for 1700 is a good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    Nice Carl,

Does the V65 sabre have the same motor as the v65 magna? That was a very powerful bike in its day!! I had a v45 and it was a super bike, also had a 700 shadow which was also a gread ride.

2 for 1700 is a good deal!
    yes the magna and sabre had same engines ... what I dont understand is the difference between a 90 degree v4 and a 45 degree v4. in 1984 they were 90 degree and 1985 they went to a 45 degree v4. Yes they were very powerful and held the title of fastest production bike for a few years. I knew of several people getting killed on them back in tennessee due to power and smoothness. it is one thing to do 120 but to be doing 120 and not relize it is the killer.
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

no pics...........
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    no pics...........
    It has been raining here all night and today so as soon as the rain stops, pics start...lol

My "toy" has an appetite of his own...

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim,
    When I lived back in tennessee I almost bought a couple of horses. We had the land and the place do it right but then we moved. When I was growing up all my neighbors had nice horses. One of my friends raised and showed tennessee walking horses.

okay here are the pics....

I wished the sabre had the factory fairing on it but i guess I will have to find one..