Thread: Air Exchanger and shelf spacing

Air Exchanger and shelf spacing

This is in the workshop room and I am putting in more shelving to store things.
    We will be replacing this air exchanger soon

I want to put in shelving 30" deep and I cannot figure out high from the concrete floor to make it, I was thinking 4 feet or 46". Problem is I want to keep enough clearance in case if the new air exchanger in the future ends up being bigger. I have no idea if the future air exchanger will be smaller or bigger?
    Dimensions:
    93 1/2" High
    Bottom of Air Exchanger to concrete floor 59"
    Exchanger is 12 1/2" wide, 24 1/8" high, and 25 3/4" long.
    Thanks

I am in the early stages of a total shop re-model. Step 1 is purging stuff and adding some controlled order amongst the chaos that will follow as I remodel a 20x20 building with most of the tool inventory staying in place. Long term, I plan on building new shop cabinets, assembly table, off feed table, etc. To get there, I have added a few shelves to some existing off feed tables and a parts table. You might consider simply making a temporary, free standing shelf system that will fit under the existing space. This will provide immediate storage now, and at shelving that you should easily be able to re-use should you need to replace the unit after the new exchanger is installed. Also, you can slide it out of the way when the crew arrives to replace the exchanger.

Another option, put cleats on the three walls every 14" or so, and just sit 3/4 inch sheet good shelves across the cleats. Go as high as you want for now, planning to pull it out when the HVAC work needs to be done.