Thread: SawStop customer service.

SawStop customer service.

First off, this is not about safety!!!!

But I do feel that if a company does something right by me, then I should let others know.

I recently got a SawStop PCS. Set that beauty up, but the second time I turned it on, the cartridge activated before the blade even started spinning. I called customer service, and spent an hour with them on the phone trying all sorts of things to fix it. Nothing worked, and they arranged for a repair man to come to the house the follwing weekend. An hour later, the customer service rep called me back........they had been discussing my problem long after my phone call ended and wanted me to try "one more thing." They said they hadn't really seen this problem before, but they asked if I had adjusted the riving knfe clamp. I had. Turns out, when I had adjusted the riving knife clamp, it ended up low enough to give electrical interference to the cartridge sensor. A simple adjustment fixed the problem.

Then, without asking, SawStop sent me a new cartridge, a second riving knife so I could grind in down to fit below the blade if necessary, and a premium titantium saw blade (to replace my injured blade when the cartridge triggered).

Throughout this process, they were extremely polite. I never got a computer answering device. The phone was always answered in 3-4 rings by a human. They said from the outset that they "wanted to make it right" and they did. How refreshing!!!!

I just wanted to give a shoutout to SawStop. If you buy one of their saws, pricey though it may be, you can be assured that they will take care of you.

That is good to hear Keith,

Your experience is just like mine have been. When it comes to power tools I have never dealt with customer service as good as sawstop's. There customer service matches the quality of their saws.

Same experience here. Top notch all the way, in regards to both the SawStop, and their customer service. I still love my SawStop. Thanks for sharing your experience. Other companies could learn something from them.

can not be more agreed to that
    Ed.

When I save enough pennies, I am commited to the SS. Not so much for safety as the things I've read here about customer service. The safety is an added plus.

Ken
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

They've always treated me extremely well also with the couple of small issues I needed help with. Same league as Grizzly and Lee Valley.

Yep, same here. I have dealt with them a couple of times and are among the best companies to deal with. Excellent service (at par with their quality of saws).

I agree. They are awesome. They were even helpful BEFORE I bought the saw. Answered all of my questions regarding the brake.

There are intense instructions in the manual dealing with setting up the riving knife. Despite a new owner not following these, they stepped up and made the situation right. Others would have told you you didn't do it right, wanna buy a new part? I continue to be sold.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

When I first set mine up and adjusted the riving knife, I set it down so far it was touching the brake. Fortunately for me it just wouldn't start up, took a while to figure out why my saw wouldn't start.

glad to hear they fixed you up. I've been happy with CS as well. hard to find these days.
    Where did I put that?