Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IDEA - SMC Mobile Turning Library....moved to Lumberyard Forum

Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    Just a thought... how about considering making the DVD exchange open to contributors only. It is not that restrictive given the small sum required to be a contributor on SMC, and it would help support the creek. In other words, you could only access the thread on DVD swap if you were a contributor.

This may be a bad idea for a number of reasons, but I thought I would throw it out there.
    I agree with this idea.

Roy
    Walk fast and look worried.

I think this is a great idea! I realize I am not a contributor yet (I just need to stop being lazy) but I am very interested in this as well.

I think you're right, all we need is one sticky post listing them all that someone has the ability to edit, then say I have one of the discs and I mail it off to someone else I could just post in there "DVD #5" shipped to "Frank" and someone could then update that sticky showing that Frank has DVD 5 then delete my post to keep it clean, even have a list of people in line for a particular DVD just by posting up and someone updating the main post and deleting the others.

John

This is a great idea. I borrowed a few from my local library's interlibrary system and I received DVD's from around the country for FREE. It was too good and I saved the cost of buying the DVD's so I donated to the library. Perhaps we could suggest a voluntary donation to SMC or a related charity?

I have shared my thoughts with Steve on this subject via PM. I sugest that we take this to the Lumber Yard Forum to finalize the decisions that must be made.

I am closing this thread and moving the subject over to the Lumberyard Forum for further discussion. Please add your ideas/comments to the new thread at that location.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!