Thread: Repainted Brass ?

Repainted Brass ?

I had a piece of black painted brass got dropped so so I use it as a test piece. Can I spray paint it black again and reuse in the laser safely? I have a few cans of spray paint just the stuff from wally world or HD.
    Thanks
    Penny
    Pinnacle(Mercury) 40W , Epilog Legend 24 TT,Geo Knight Heat Press ,Geo Knight Cup Press, CorelDrawX4,Ricoh GX7000 and more!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gail LaPorte View Post
    I had a piece of black painted brass got dropped so so I use it as a test piece. Can I spray paint it black again and reuse in the laser safely? I have a few cans of spray paint just the stuff from wally world or HD.
    Thanks
    Penny

Yes, why not? Commonly done to match colors. Done all the time on rotary equipment.

Now, the nervous nellies in the forum will tell you that you'll die, and the paint might contain PVC, the machine wil explode, etc. Don't listen.

Mark
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.

Is there even such a thing as "PVC paint"?

The original paint was probably lacquer, and you'll probably have your best results with that anyway.
    Almost everything you'll find in a spray can at Wallyworld or HD is either lacquer or enamel, no problem either way.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Thank you

Thank you very much for answering me back I guess I will find out today .
    Pinnacle(Mercury) 40W , Epilog Legend 24 TT,Geo Knight Heat Press ,Geo Knight Cup Press, CorelDrawX4,Ricoh GX7000 and more!!!!!!!!!!!