Thread: Harbor Freight (HF) Coupon; $139 Coupon for 2HP DC?

Harbor Freight (HF) Coupon; $139 Coupon for 2HP DC?

Well after all the helpful replies about DC for my small shop, I'm planning to go with the Harbor Freight 2HP DC: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=97869

Does anyone know any magazine (Wood, Popular Woodworking or any other mag) that has a coupon for this 2HP DC for $139 (or close to that price)? Older posts mentioned specific issue number for certain mags that had this unit for $139. Anyone know any recent mags with this coupon?

I was able dig up a 20% off coupon and HF's website photo of their mailer has this DC for $179 on sale thru March 25. However, the 20% off coupons I found says in the fine print "cannot be combined with other discounts or coupons."

So I figured to save some potential hassle at the store, I'd just find a coupon in a magazine for a low price.

Thanks,
    Greg

It's in the March issue of Wood magazine, which can be purchased at Home Depot for 6.XX. I used the coupon for the DC, walked out with that, then came back and bought the accessory kit using the 20% coupon. The accessories are pretty cheap, but they will get you going until you decide on what accessories you want

And if you can't find the issue, you can always order it online as a back issue for $11. Still saves you $99. That's what I did a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Terrill View Post
    It's in the March issue of Wood magazine, which can be purchased at Home Depot for 6.XX. I used the coupon for the DC, walked out with that, then came back and bought the accessory kit using the 20% coupon. The accessories are pretty cheap, but they will get you going until you decide on what accessories you want
    My wife is going to get the accessory kit while were there for me, haven't gone yet but the coupon is good till thru the 19th of May.

Check the magazines that come in the news paper. Often HF advertises there. Readers Digest also.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

There was a Harbor Freight insert in the Sunday paper here (Sacramento Bee) with a 20% HF coupon, and another 20% in the Parade magazine. A twofer!

Ken

Wow I love this forum. I picked up the March issue from HD and there it was! Thanks for the tip (saved me a bundle). This could be the best deal of all my WW'ing purchases.

-Greg

The Little Tennessee River near Knoxville.
    While some people have good luck with Harbor Freight, my experiences with them are mostly negative. Over the years I have bought a lot of stuff from them. Everything that had a motor or bearings burned out with a very short lifespan. If you buy anything from them, always buy the extended warranty. That way, when it dies prematurely, you get another one and you can sell the new one and recoup some of your money. I am no longer tempted by their incredibly low prices.
    Some stuff I still buy from them like cheap spray guns with one time use in mind, acid brushes, nitrile gloves, throw away paint brushes, etc.
    Retired, living and cruising full-time on my boat.
    Currently on the Little Tennessee River near Knoxville

Greg,
    I just bought this yesterday for $139. I am very pleased with it so far. I set it up when I got it home and it went together in about 45 mins with no problems. I also bought the accessory kit with the 20% coupon that was in the same magazine. I hooked it up to my jointer and played around for 30 min or so. No wood chips anywhere and both the jointer and the dust collector ran on a 20 amp circuit at the same time( for those who have debated the draw of the dust collector).

Mike

i have a 2 hp motor from there dc sitting in my shop. It is ok..it isnt 2 hp though... but still not bad for the money. I however got the motor for 17 dollars and an just keeping it for "something". I did however buy 2 dust collectors with a cyclone prefilter for 325. Both motors on it are liesen.. My gawd are they heavy.. i think HF uses 3 or 5 micron bags also that might be something upgrade later.
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

See the latest issue of American Woodworker for the coupon. It is about 6 pages in.