Thread: Peter Graves, 83

Peter Graves, 83

Rest in peace, my friend.

If you are about 50 years old you remember "Mission Impossible" as a first-run series. If you've got any sense of comedic timing you never pass "Airplane" in the grid without stopping in for a laugh (and you've got 2 DVD's, one stashed away in a safe place just in case). An actor's actor, able to play for the drama and poke fun at himself, each with ease. He was married to his wife Joan for nearly 60 years.

Roger, Roger, and thank you.

"I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus View Post
    Rest in peace, my friend.

If you are about 50 years old you remember "Mission Impossible" as a first-run series. If you've got any sense of comedic timing you never pass "Airplane" in the grid without stopping in for a laugh (and you've got 2 DVD's, one stashed away in a safe place just in case). An actor's actor, able to play for the drama and poke fun at himself, each with ease. He was married to his wife Joan for nearly 60 years.

Roger, Roger, and thank you.

And if you are about 60 years old you remember "Fury" as a first-run Saturday morning show. Three Stooges, Sky King, Roy Rogers and Fury to kick-start my childhood week-end. Clifford.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford Mescher View Post
    And if you are about 60 years old you remember "Fury" as a first-run Saturday morning show. Three Stooges, Sky King, Roy Rogers and Fury to kick-start my childhood week-end. Clifford.
    My thoughts exactly - Fury was one of my favorites.

Good evening Mr. Phelps

RIP

BTW, I had no idea that he was James Arness' brother

Thumbs up Ww2

I believe his brother (Arness) crossed the beach at Anzio in WW2 and went on to serve in combat. Graves served in the Air Corps. Thanks for your service and God speed hero.
    Last edited by Rory Talkington; 03-15-2010 at 10:35 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers, Rory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory Talkington View Post
    I believe his brother (Arness) crossed the beach at Anzio in WW2 and went on to serve in combat. Graves served in the Air Corps. Thanks for your service and God speed hero.
    Another of the great generation gone.

BTW, Marshall Dillon walked with a slight limp because of a WWII wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    Another of the great generation gone.

BTW, Marshall Dillon walked with a slight limp because of a WWII wound.
    Hmmm I though that was Chester? Peter Graves also did some Space TV show (can't remember the name ? Moon Base Alpha)
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

9. Good evening Mr. Phelps. This mission, if you choose to accept it, will be to put civility in Saw Stop discussions. If you should fail in this impossible mission, all tablesaw owners will disavowal posting on SMC and all posts will be remove. Good luck Mr. Phelps.

Note -- this is a joke. Lighten up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
    Hmmm I though that was Chester? Peter Graves also did some Space TV show (can't remember the name ? Moon Base Alpha)
    Chester (Dennis Weaver) had a wooden leg in the series. Arness had a real limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford Mescher View Post

OH NO-ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dam - I use to watch all those show - even Rin Tin Tin, Gene Autry, Cisco Kid - Oh blast - I dont look that old in the mirror.

Rod

Want a 'blast from the past' check out this site for old movies/tvshows/radioshows etc..
    I've even found shows from the 50's like Space Patrol and Sgt Preston On a sad note, I heard Fess Parker died today.. RIP 'Davey'

http://www.archive.org/details/movies
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it