Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A3-31 arrived: first impressions... (gloat I suppose)

A3-31 arrived: first impressions... (gloat I suppose)

Well, it finally arrived.... took me two weeks to be ready to actually un-crate it as I was working on the HVAC system; another thread I suppose...

1. Manual, better than some,not as good as others.
    2. Yes the fence deflects, however, it does not appear to be troublesome yet.
    3. Every....single...chip...is extracted. Wow.
    4. It is loud, more so once DC is on and running.
    5. Shelix, scmeelix. The cut is absolutely superb! I face jointed 12" maple and no tear out or snipe with absolutely no adjustment. Absolutely ( as far as I could tell) square face to edge.

Overall, I am very impressed with my first impressions of this machine. I forgot to mention: very, very well packaged. Good experience with delivery. May be the best tool in my shop, next to my Clearvue Cyclone DC... have not planed (thicknessed for those European types.. ) yet. Will add to thread once completed for review.

Thanks to those who contributed 4 months ago to help me decide. Very pleased so far!

Nick

I see nothing... I thought that you said you got something...
    Chuck

congrats. I hope you enjoy your j/p. I am leaning towards the same j/p in my distant future.

good luck with the new tool. from what i saw on the manufacturer's site, it appers to be a very well made tool. what's your impression of the blade guard? on thicker stock, it almost appears a hand could slide between the guard and the blade, or am i not viewing this correctly.

Soo, what is an A3-31?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Soo, what is an A3-31?
    Hammer 12" jointer/planer................Rod.

Joseph,

The blade guard is on a spring-loaded hinge so you can raise and lower it to accomodate the wood's thinkness to slide under it.

Roger

could it be raise high enough so a hand could be slipped between it and the blade?

Sure, but the idea is that you raise it just enough to slide the board under it. Like most safety devices it can be misused.

Quote Originally Posted by joseph tarantino View Post
    good luck with the new tool. from what i saw on the manufacturer's site, it appers to be a very well made tool. what's your impression of the blade guard? on thicker stock, it almost appears a hand could slide between the guard and the blade, or am i not viewing this correctly.
    I wasn't sure I would like the blade guard as I was used to the pork chop style, but in my opinion in the little I have used it, it is far better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Isaacson View Post
    I see nothing... I thought that you said you got something...

Okay, I'll post a picture tomorrow...

Hammer A3 - 31

Nick,

How did you move your A3-31 (off the pallet, to its final destination, etc.). I'm expecting delivery of my A3-31 in May and I'm trying to plan ahead.

Thanks,

Darren

Why would you want to slide your hand under it? I mean,an idiot can ALWAYS find SOME way to hurt himself. we will be using Nerf saw blades some day

No picture? This is an outrage and the thread should be immediately deleted by the Moderators!!

An outrage I tell you. An outrage!

Cameron Reddy

Darren, I used an engine hoist strapped under the base to move mine off the pallets. It was not difficult at all. Good luck with your Hammer - it is a great machine.