Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laurel wreath vector clone clipart?

Laurel wreath vector clone clipart?

Does anyone have an identical laurel wreath in vector please? It's for a logo, so it has to be really close, if not identical; yet I'm fairly sure it's from clipart and not drawn for the occasion.

The attached image is all I have to work with and it's embedded in Flash, to make my joy complete. So far it's resisted my attempts to resize; trace; and draw over....there's just not enough of it and the feathering adds distortions to automated attempts; whilst line thickness is messing me up trying to do it manually.

I can make it big and guess where the edges are for manual drawing; but thought I'd try here first.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You may be able to manipulate these.

Well, for some reason I can't find the files it says I loaded.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 03-17-2010 at 8:26 AM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

God I love Inkscape...and it's free to boot...look at this file. I didn't bother to invert it, but it is scalable now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for trying Mike. Unfortunately, it's for a logo, so has to be really close. Chances my client would never notice, but I'd know.

I'm resigned to manually going over an enlarged version of what I have now...apart from nuking it from orbit; it's the only other way to be sure...

EDIT: And thanks Mark. Inkscape was the first thing I tried, too, but I didn't like the chunky edges on the results.
    Last edited by Darren Null; 03-17-2010 at 9:07 AM.

Darren,

The one I posted, I went in and blew it up just a minute ago in Corel to 40 inches, and I am not seeing any chunkiness...everything has very smooth lines. Where are you seeing it?

Perhaps chunky was the wrong word. The trace is close, but it does have a certain blobbiness that you get when trying to trace a too-small graphic. If it was just for a site graphic, it'd be fine; but it's a logo, so has to be perfect as you never know if it'll need to be put on the side of a lorry or something similar.

Darren,

Maybe this will do? I saved it v.10 just in case.

dee
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Thanks for the try Dee. Corel X5 centerline trace?

No gots, Darren, but here is the original ink drawing if you want to try it.

cheers, dee
    Last edited by Dee Gallo; 03-17-2010 at 12:45 PM.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Ink drawing? No fair using actual talent.

I haven't got X5 either. Not one of the chosen. We were obviously too highly tuned to be accepted for the testing. I suppose Corel had to make it idiot-proof....

I've nearly finished clipping round the edges. I would have finished hours ago if I hadn't devoted so much time trying to find an easy way....

Have a look in your clipart under crests - 1000's of laurel wreaths there - country crests , armed forces crests etc all use wreaths , you might find the right one there.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Maybe one the CHOSEN will deign to help out!

Red Coin Mah Jong

I've nearly finished it now. The only hope of getting a quality copy with no effort was somebody having the exact same one in their clipart collection....looking on the net; there's billions of laurel wreaths.

I sincerely doubt that Corel's trace function has improved enough in X5 to cope with it...there's not enough image there to work with and the feathering throws off any automation I've thrown at it.

Okay, so I traced it with Inkscape and the results are good - but I can't upload it here... invalid file format. Try it!

Red Coin Mah Jong