Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know about the Grizzly Guitar Kits

Markus:

I agree with your take, as well as Roman's. Most (not all, though) guitars made for the retail market are reasonably well made. The difference will be in the tone (a function of materials and craftsmanship), playability and quality of the hardware.

When it's all said and done, it's the player who really makes the instrument. It's long been said that a great player can make a lousy instrument sound great, and a lousy player can make a great instrument sound lousy. I think there's a lot of truth in that. (It also explains why I don't own a '59 Les Paul.)

it pays to look for bargins out there. For example, I cut my teeth on Gibson Les Pauls, though I currently play an American Standard Stratocaster. I've been itching for another Paul for years, having sold my last one ot buy my ex-wife's wedding ring. (Bad trade...Back then I could have bought all the LP's I wanted for $350, in good shape!) I really want a new one with a nice curly maple top, but Gibson's prices are astronomical these days. The Epiphones are generally poor instruments, but the new "Elitist" series have been getting excellent reviews. I'm going to see if the local Guitar Center has one in stock so I can see and play one first hand. If it all checks out, I'm hoping Santa leaves a nice Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus (with bookmatched curly maple top) in faded cherry sunburst under the tree next month...

Also, it helps to be a little lucky. I got my Strat at a local music store, late on a Saturday afternoon. It was used, but still had the hang tags and the protective plastic on it. Seems a guy bought it the week before, took it home, and decided he wanted a Les Paul instead. He wanted his money back, but obviously the store wouldn't do that, so they offered to put it on consignment for him. He said he wanted to sell it that weekend, so do whatever it took. I got an $800 instrument for $400, including the snakeskin vinyl case the guy had special ordered! Like I said, it's good to be lucky.
    Sam/Atlanta

2. Here is a link to a recording I used the grizzly h3123 for in neck through bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Kirkpatrick View Post
    Grizzly has a whole catalog for guitar parts and kits. Lots of kits, parts, veneers, etc. I received one last month buy have never purchased anything.
    They must have something somewhere on there site to order a catalog.

https://youtu.be/YuWqFeCKSdc

3. Here is a link to the guitar that I have which is the grizzly h3123

Quote Originally Posted by John Weber View Post
    Just got an email for this guitar kit from Grizzly. I'm kind of interested, but the web site gives no info (nice Grizz). Anyone have any insight?

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=H6084

Thanks - John
    https://youtu.be/YuWqFeCKSdc

Here is a link to the guitar that I have which is the grizzly h3123
    Did you check the date of the original post? Going on 19 years old.