Thread: buckeye burl pen

buckeye burl pen

let me know what you think? I would still like to get the finish shinier (spelling)
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Karl I think you nailed it if you ask me. Love that wood. What kit is that and where did you get it??? Is it an all black kit or is that Titanium black. Hard to tell.
    John T.

Thanks, i get the kits from a manufacturer overseas. I cant afford to buy them here in the states. But it is a cigar pen kit in black chrome.
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Card View Post
    Thanks, i get the kits from a manufacturer overseas. I cant afford to buy them here in the states. But it is a cigar pen kit in black chrome.

Have you used this kit before and has it stood up to abuse and the plating held up. I think Bear Tooth Woods has something like that. Do you have a source that I can look at??? I have a blank that needs black for the parts because it does not really go with gold or silver.
    actually need a brass kit but i know of no one who sells a brass kit.
    John T.

i actually have antique brass in a slimline fancy kit and i also have antique copper in a cigar pen kit. I will pm you about where to look. I sold these pens on ebay for quite some time and have not had any negative feedback. I quit for the winter do to being to cold in the shop, no heat yet, but now that it is warming up I am starting up again.

I kind of like this one, too, but the copper was really nice. This wood is spectacular, though. Really goes well with the deep black.

Nice pen, Karl. I just turned my first stabilized buckeye burl pen yesterday and had a minor problem with some voids but I managed to repair it.

I think you made a great looking pen.The wood and the kit all flow together very well.
    Donny

Great looking pen Karl. Wood and kit look great together.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Beautiful pen Karl! Amazing wood!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!