Thread: Minimax SC3W

Minimax SC3W

Does anyone have any experience with a Minimax SC3W not powering on? If anyone could help it would be much appreciated... I posted this message on the Minimax user's forum:

Hello,
    I sent this message a bit ago but it didn't post on the forum, my fault. I
    recieved my new, used SC3W today... it was built in 2007 so it is more or less new. I got it wired up and it ran great, I made about 10 test cuts and then took about an hour to hook up my new dust collection runs. I went to turn the machine back on and nothing happened. The magnetic switch seems to be working fine and the emergency stop switch seems to be working fine. Any ideas? The machine is covered by a 30 day parts warranty from the used dealer but is, of course, Friday evening and I was really hoping to get caught up on some work this weekend. I have a new MM 16 and FS 30 coming in a few weeks but this is my first Minimax machine so it is all a bit new to me.

Thanks in advance!
    Mike G

just one thought...i have a mm bandsaw and spent hours trying to get it to run. it has a goofy switch with a small white thing to push...not sure if you have the same switch. but i was not pushing it hard enough try pushing it harder, make sure red shut off button is out too.

Does the SC3W have a micro switch on the shroud underneath the blade? My MM combo does and the machine won't turn on without the shroud being fully closed.

Yep, there is a micro-switch under the blade guard, I checked that it seems to work fine. I pulled the magnetic switch out, hoping I could clean it out but there is really no way to get it opened up. But I did notice that I could hear a faint low hum coming from the magnetic switch when the main power switch is on, the hum stops when the main power switch is turned off. All of the switches seem to be working properly, the magnetic swith goes to the on position only when the power is on and it shuts off when the breaker is off or when the emergency off is pressed. There is just no power coming out of the magnetic switch I guess... very frustrating.

Mike

Inside the electrical pannel of my ST4 is loaded with small ciruit breakers and fuses. Perhaps one of yours has tripped.
    The Plane Anarchist

Nope no fuses or breakers inside... just the switches. Thanks!