Thread: Castors for MM equipment

Castors for MM equipment

Hello guys. I have a MM t40 shaper, now up and running, with a 4 wheel steff feeder on it. I figure total weight in the #600 range at best. Any one have experience putting casters like the zambus or great lakes on a MM machine? I'm not sure how something like that would mount exactly to the feet on this machine. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I have the great lakes on a mm 24 band saw about 1000 pounds moves around pretty easy. It had some leveling bolts in the base...just remove them and screw the casters right in. I used the GD-60s with m12 threaded shaft...screwed right in. Not sure if your shaper has the same set up.

Phil

There are holes in the base of the feet, not sure they are threaded or not? There is some odd set up that looks like a large keyhole slot, but upside down, or big end on top, little end below. I think it may have been part of the stock mobility setup?

Do you know how much height the castors add?

Well what I would do is just add on to the shop. Then you dont have to worry about moving it.
    McCormick Woodworking
    Liberty Indiana 47353

If they are threaded its probably the 12mm...minimax could tell you too they knew which ones fit the band saws. The GD 60s ones I have add about 3 1/4 inch they are rated for 550 pounds each you may be able to go a size smaller if the height is a problem

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McCormick View Post
    Well what I would do is just add on to the shop. Then you dont have to worry about moving it.
    Andy, that is a good idea! I'm working on that. I'm keeping my eye out for a 5000SF timber frame barn near a lazy babeling river with a view of the Berkshires, and a winning lottery ticket. But in the short run, everything has to roll. The shop I work in is 12,000SF, and we still have to move the shapers around to accommodate certain work and larger jobs. Not sure how large a shop has to get before everything can become stationary? The home shop is 900SF and chock full of machines, so I need to work like a tank division and stay mobile.