Thread: Another drug drop!!!

Talking Another drug drop!!!

I enjoyed working with the spalted holly that I got from Mike Smith so much, that I just had to get another piece or two, or three - well, you know what wood is to a turning addict!!

Just one more hit - I promise - that will be my last one and then I will quit!!

Ended up with this -
    MIKE SMITH 03192010.jpg

The FIVE pieces in the front are the spalted holly. The will go well with the other large piece I already have!!

Then there is the box elder, and the large 12" blank is Chinese chestnut, and it looks very, very nice.

Hey Bernie, you know I can't get wood from Mike without a couple pieces of Claro!!!

Speaking of - Bernie, have you received the pecan from Mike yet??

John the vortex is strong around you. Nice wood have fun turning it.

Good looking stuff you got there.

Reminds me of a couple of days ago, when my wife was helping me carry flat rate boxes out to the garage shop. She started looking around and said,"Look at all this wood in here. It's everywhere. You've got a wood problem."

I calmly told her that I did not have a wood problem. I explained that I have an organization problem that makes it look like I've got a wood problem.

Note to self... Make two trips to garage when necessary rather than enlisting the wife's help.

That is some good looking wood John. Can't wait to see some turnings out of it. Now is Mike going to have any wood left when I visit him in June or should I just leave the pickup home?????
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Very nice looking wood John! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

More drugs, err blanks, John.
    Where are you storing all this? You must be running out of room in your shop.
    I keep looking in the classifieds for some good BS chisels..

Kidding aside, another nice batch from Mike.
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with these.

MMM! that is NIICE! wood is my drug of choice too!
    well depending on the way I would travel, I'm roughly 2,340 miles to 2,529 miles away from the infamous STEVE SCHLUMPF!!!!

Wall Street Journal Article

Read today in the Wall Street Journal that there is a new Fortune 500 member. Mike Smith, owner of Century Tree Turnings is very happy and says " It was all made possible by the purchases of Mr. John Keeton".
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem

Quote Originally Posted by Maylon Harvey View Post
    Read today in the Wall Street Journal that there is a new Fortune 500 member. Mike Smith, owner of Century Tree Turnings is very happy and says " It was all made possible by the purchases of Mr. John Keeton".
    Now THAT is funny!! Although, I can certainly say that Mike has received several orders from this neck of the woods!! Great wood, great prices - and, he is a nice fellow!

Really nice blanks John. Now, which to turn first, I bet we find out soon! It seems either way you go, we're bound to be impressed. Happy turning

Nice looking blanks John. You really do have an addiction problem.