Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: got a new bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield View Post
    BTW...the blade that comes with the saw isn't very good
    I don't think it's anywhere near good enough to be called "not very good."

I assume the manufacturers ... wisely ... don't try to guess what your primary use for the saw will be, and that the owner is the best judge of which blade best suits their needs.

It's probably NOT a good investment to try to put a top-notch, fairly expensive blade on these things, knowing that a good % of buyers will likely want to swap it out, anyway.

But ... yeah: the OEM blade on my G0555X had trouble cutting room-temperature butter
    Last edited by Neil Brooks; 03-27-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brooks View Post
    I don't think it's anywhere near good enough to be called "not very good."

Just trying to be PC you know. Shiraz does hang around here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by brian watts View Post
    thanks you all for the help .. love this place...yea i got down abit after i broke the blade today .with just cutting a few logs .my day was done after that. iam new to a saw this size and the boss didnot know why i need a new blade all ready. i will let her see this post so she can see what you all are saying about the blade that came with the kit. again thank alot brian

Most blades that ship with bandsaws are there to hold everything stable in transit than to saw anything once it arrives. Case in point most nicer table saws don't even come with a blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Most blades that ship with bandsaws are there to hold everything stable in transit than to saw anything once it arrives. Case in point most nicer table saws don't even come with a blade.

they should have kept the blade and not send it with the saw . so i would not got mad about breaking it today..

Quote Originally Posted by brian watts View Post
    they should have kept the blade and not send it with the saw . so i would not got mad about breaking it today..
    Not a big loss, and motivation to order some good ones. Even the blades that came with my Mini-Max were junk.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Looks like a substantial piece of purplheart you've got there... Enjoy cuttin' her up! Sanding her may not be as fun....
    a old timer give me the wood to make him a call out of and i can kept the rest.. pretty good deal

Make sure you cut the wood straight. Don't move the wood sideways as you cut it.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Go to Highland Hardware they have some for what you want I think.

well i went to woodcrafters and got the (Timber Wolf Bandsaw Blade 1/2” x 105”, 3 TPI) and that blade should have been with the kit. i just cut a some maple log about 7" or so thick and CUT like butter. iam happy now .just had to spend 30 more bucks. hope it last awhile. i still need a (2 HP Industrial 5 Micron Dust Collector) from HF.but that have to wait for a few months . the BOSS getting mad for me spending all this money..lol.hope by mid summer i can get it. THANKS EVERYBODY for the help..brian

When you're ready to buy more blades you can buy the TW blades directly from Suffolk Machinery and save some money! They usually have a buy 3 get 1 free deal. Of course, you'll have to spend more money to save money
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

Brian - I use my vacuum with a reducer on that saw and it works great.