Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got a new bandsaw

got a new bandsaw

wanted to post me new toy.......order the saw monday and it got here today after lunch . i left work and come home to start working on it. by 5 it was all done . not that bad at all to put together. thanks for looking brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool, nice machine. Congrats!!

Congrats Brian. A lot of people love that saw!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    After you've used can you post a short review. That saw is on my wish list (at the top). Congrats on getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    After you've used can you post a short review. That saw is on my wish list (at the top). Congrats on getting it.

yes sir i will for sure. i have about 2 truck load of wood. maple ,box elder,hedge apple,going to get cherry in the morning. after i get it all cut up . then i post pic and review on the saw.

Looks like a substantial piece of purplheart you've got there... Enjoy cuttin' her up! Sanding her may not be as fun....
    I drink, therefore I am.

well i need alittle HELP. i got though 6 peice of pear about 8" round with the blade that came with the riser kit . then i got a log of hedge apple 6-8" round i got started to cut then it broke . what BLADE do i need to resawing log and stuff. i donot need a smooth cut because iam just trying to block all of my wood . hope some one can help me out . i have look at the timberwolf and woodslicer. what one do you like the best? and what size 1/2" or 3/4" ?? thanks brian
    Last edited by brian watts; 03-27-2010 at 8:08 PM.

You got yourself a GREAT saw!!

Enjoy!!!

Wood Slicer for resaw.

TimberWolf for everything else.

Have fun!!

Congrats on the saw. Looks like you put it right to the test.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WOULD 3/4" BE BETTER for cutting logs ??

Quote Originally Posted by brian watts View Post
    well i need alittle HELP. i got though 6 peice of pear about 8" round with the blade that came with the riser kit . then i got a log of hedge apple 6-8" round i got started to cut then it broke . what BLADE do i need to resawing log and stuff. i donot need a smooth cut because iam just trying to block all of my wood . hope some one can help me out . i have look at the timberwolf and woodslicer. what one do you like the best? thanks brian

Although I am a long time fan of the woodslicer I recently tried some of these and I find them cheaper and just as good.

http://www.spectrumsupply.com/kerfmaster.aspx

They also have a 4 blade sample pack that would be about $50 for your saw.

I've been very pleased with the Timber Wolf 1/2" 3 TPI for resawing on a G0555X. Congrats on your saw! I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many years.
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

WOULD 3/4" BE BETTER for cutting logs ??

Well yes and no. The wider blade is better for resawing logs BUT only if you can properly tension the 3/4" blade. I know some people have had good luck with 3/4" blades on that saw but I really think you are pushing it and don't think you are getting near the needed 15,000 PSI, but a thinner kerf blade like I mentioned will help that. I would suggest a 5/8" blade for better resaw and easier to get full tension.

well i need alittle HELP. i got though 6 peice of pear about 8" round with the blade that came with the riser kit . then i got a log of hedge apple 6-8" round i got started to cut then it broke . what BLADE do i need to resawing log and stuff. i donot need a smooth cut because iam just trying to block all of my wood . hope some one can help me out . i have look at the timberwolf and woodslicer. what one do you like the best? and what size 1/2" or 3/4" ?? thanks brian
    I'd thing it would be hard to beat a 1/2" 3 tpi Timberwolf for the saw you have and what you are doing with it. As stated before, it might be tough to properly tension a 3/4" blade on that saw and I'd bet that a 1/2" blade would do just fine.

BTW...the blade that comes with the saw isn't very good so don't be disheartened with the saw because of that blade. Get some good blades and you'll see an amazing difference.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield View Post
    I'd thing it would be hard to beat a 1/2" 3 tpi Timberwolf for the saw you have and what you are doing with it. As stated before, it might be tough to properly tension a 3/4" blade on that saw and I'd bet that a 1/2" blade would do just fine.

BTW...the blade that comes with the saw isn't very good so don't be disheartened with the saw because of that blade. Get some good blades and you'll see an amazing difference.

t

thanks you all for the help .. love this place...yea i got down abit after i broke the blade today .with just cutting a few logs .my day was done after that. iam new to a saw this size and the boss didnot know why i need a new blade all ready. i will let her see this post so she can see what you all are saying about the blade that came with the kit. again thank alot brian