Thread: Does anyone have experience with this blade?

Does anyone have experience with this blade?

Hello,

I was at the Home Depot today and noticed a good deal on 12" mite saw saw blades. They are made by freud and are called "Avanti Pro". It's no Forrest or Ridge I Know, but it might be good blade for the price.

Anyway, they are 12" 80t and look to have a negative angle or very close to it.

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this blade. Here is the link.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...f&ddkey=Search

Thanks for any help,

Kevin

Look closely and you'll note that there's no "Freud" logo on these blades....they're not made by Freud, and are really poor examples of Chinese knockoffs IMO. You'll also note small low grade carbide that's sloppily brazed to low grade stamped steel bodies. There are so many other legitimate choices, so I'd strongly encourage you to skip this one.

More
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

You sure it's made by Freud? Heard some rumblings that the Avanti blades sold at home depot are not the Freud blades of the same name. Your link lists Avanti Pro as the manufacturer. Maybe they are fine but don't think they are Freud. It doesn't say Freud on the blade... Also heard Freud discontinued the Avanti line in 2009. Do a search on the topic.

Thank you very much for that link Scott.

It seems that everything isn't what it seems.

I think i will shy away from them since I want it for furniture making. Cutting 2x4's would be another story.

Take care,

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Lizek View Post
    You sure it's made by Freud? Heard some rumblings that the Avanti blades sold at home depot are not the Freud blades of the same name. Your link lists Avanti Pro as the manufacturer. Maybe they are fine but don't think they are Freud. It doesn't say Freud on the blade... Also heard Freud discontinued the Avanti line in 2009. Do a search on the topic.

I thought they were as that is what the HD tool guy told me. Scott was able to send me in the right direction. This is exactly why I ALWAYS research any equipment I buy if I am unsure about what it is all about.

Thanks again guys.

Kevin