Thread: NWA / Totally Turning show

NWA / Totally Turning show

Did anyone go to the Totally Turning show in Saratoga Springs this weekend?

I'm pretty new to turning, but I thought it was really good. It was part of the Norteastern Woodworkers Assn showcase. There was some amazing work there. I thought the Windsor chairs were inspiring (especially the Windsor/Maloof rocker that Tom Wetzel makes).

Some of the dealers (LV/LN) had catalog pricing on their goods, but if you had them shipped (for free) you cld avoid NY sales tax...

Anyway, thumbs up!!!

I was there, It WAS Great

I'm a club member, gone every year for 5 or 6 years, sold wood turning blanks in the past... Always great.
    The Totally Turning part was especially nice for me, I supplied much of the wood for the demonstrators and learned a great deal from them (as usual)
    Change One Thing

This was my third Showcase and second TT Symposium. It really is amazing what you can learn over the course of two days.

What was your favorite piece?

I really loved the Windsor Chairs. Tom Wetzel had a booth out in the lobby that was just amazing: That Tiger Maple Rocker made me weep...

I attended a couple of David Elsworth's lectures. Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Patel View Post
    What was your favorite piece?

I really loved the Windsor Chairs. Tom Wetzel had a booth out in the lobby that was just amazing: That Tiger Maple Rocker made me weep...

I attended a couple of David Elsworth's lectures. Great!
    Other than mine?

Its hard to say, but I do agree that rocking chair stopped me in my tracks! I remember telling someone I wanted one. I think that one of the turnings that has stood out to me, since I first saw it last summer, is George G. (can't spell last name) segmented zebra wood box. I am still amazed that little thing. I'll have to find a pic of it.

Here it is from George's pic page on the NWA's Web site....

Here is the chair from Tom Wetzels Web site.....
    Attached Images Attached Images