Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Going Under the Knife

Going Under the Knife

I am having surgery tomorrow morning. While my brain knows that anesthesia and pain meds are good things, my body is in total disagreement and will attempt to expel any chemicals introduced (to put it nicely). So, due to my brain’s inability to override the body, tomorrow has the potential to be a not so pleasant day. There are probably better anesthetic agents on the market than in the past so I’m hoping for the best.

If you have the ear of a deity, I would be grateful if you would mention my name in your next communiqué. Even if you just cast good thoughts into the cosmos, I feel every little bit helps.

Thanks, and as my daddy would say, “Y’all keep it between the lines and be careful out there.” I’ll check back in when I am up and about.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Good luck Belinda. I'm sure it'll all work out fine. Just pretend you're a possum Maybe someone will try and give you mouth to mouth

Hang in there and good luck!
    Steve
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

My prayers will be with you Belinda. I had hip replacement surgery last Thursday, came home Sunday, am up and about, sore but happy. I will pray that yours will be so easy.
    Tom

I'll be thinking about you Belinda, and good luck.............Rod.

Positive prayers coming your way, Belinda.

FYI, if you tell your doctors you don't do well with anaestetics and narcotics, they can often use alternate drugs which may not make you as sick.

Prayers For Belinda!

Hey Southern Lady,

You will be my thoughts and prayers! Just prayed, and I also added that you make us laugh here at the creek and he must get you better real soon! I know it's all so crazy with the nappy time drugs, but look on the bright side...you sure wouldn't want to watch them.

You take care and we look forward to hearing from you the minute you feel better!

Love Ya
    Phyllis

Anesthesia is funny stuff. My first time when I woke up I couldn't feel myself breathing. Very strange. I got to thinking that I must be OK 'cause I could look around the room and see people moving and they weren't running towards me in a hurry. That lasted about a minute.

The second time I thought I was floating above the bed and reached out and grabbed the mattress so I wouldn't hit the ceiling.

Strange, the stuff that sticks with you. I've never had a drink so I don't have anything to compare this to.

Good luck. Try to remember the first thing you're aware of when you wake up.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

My thoughts and prayers are going out for you Belinda!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you, it will be OK. I have had surgery four times since 98, all went well and so will yours.

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

Belinda,
    My prayers are with you. I hope all goes well for you.
    David B

Belinda - positive thoughts and prayers are on their way! Hope all goes well! Come back to us soon!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Get well soon!

Belinda....will be thinking about you, good luck with the surgery, and get well real soon!

Fingers crossed for ya.

Look on the bright side, the after surgery anti-pain IV cocktails are worth the wait.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Belinda, you are in my prayers.

God Bless, Sam

Blog Entries
    Wishing you the best and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Take care........
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution