Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coloured Dust in white letters of Rowmark

Ron and Mike, thanks for the magic eraser tip. It works great.
    Life and death don't bother me. It's that little period of time in between that bothers me.

Epilog Mini-24 40w with Rotary, Flame Polisher, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, EngraveSoft, Windows 10 64-bit.

I started using the magic eraser a couple of weeks ago and it works great. Another thing I started to do that is making clean up easier is cutting the piece out before engraving.
    Universal Laser PLS6.75 CorelDraw X5 & X8
    Sublimation Ricoh GX7000

Was that the Mr Clean Spray or the scourer?

Cheers Ian

Not sure if I can post this, but here is a photo to help you out. It looks like a sponge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Epilog Zing 16 (35 Watt)
    Vanguard 3000 (old rotary workhorse)
    Corel Draw 12 & X5
    Sublimation Ricoh GX7000
    Chapellaz's Trophies

Thanks Ron,

That really cleans the white lettering when the red blends into it? Do you add any cleaning fluid?

I have to do two passes to clean when I engrave Rowmark red with white lettering...I did a load of blue today and one pass worked fine. If I could find away to only do one pass with Red I'd be happy.

Cheers Ian

Ian, I am able to do this with one pass with the engraver. Make sure to engrave from the bottom up as this greatly reduces the contamination into the engraved areas. Then use the magic eraser and rinse under the tap. I don't use any cleaning fluids, just the eraser. Give it a go and you'll see how well it works...
    Ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Epilog Zing 16 (35 Watt)
    Vanguard 3000 (old rotary workhorse)
    Corel Draw 12 & X5
    Sublimation Ricoh GX7000
    Chapellaz's Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Wilson (AUST) View Post
    That really cleans the white lettering when the red blends into it? Do you add any cleaning fluid?
    I dip the Magic Eraser in water, wring out the excess water and then wipe. When the Magic Eraser becomes too dirty, I dip it in water and it cleans itself.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Hello,

try engraving with beam out of focus (2-3 steps down). This working for me.

I engrave from the bottom up and then apply application tape to the whole piece before doing any vector cutting. If you apply the tape without wiping the work piece then any reisdue dust simply sticks to the tape when you remove it. This way you have nice clean cut edges without reisdue marks, the work piece is protected when you have to do alot of plaques and you're packing then one on top of another for transportation and the customer gets a nice suprise when they peal off the tape.

We used the Mr. Clean Eraser too, It worked great!

Thanks guys (and gals)..

David
    PLS 3.60, CorelDraw X4, Full Adobe Maser Suite (oh yeah), 3ds Max, 6 Dell 690 Work Stations (and a host of other hardware).

11. cleaning gravoply

Hello
    I use alchol wipes for tape recorded head cleaners,seems to work really well

12. I found plain tootpaste quite effective (and cheap).It's mild abrasive shifted the color blow over from etching and cutting with white on red Rowmark I was using to make name tags.

You can also check if the lens (close to the engraved material) is well fixed. If the screws are loose it results in heavy banding.
    Νάφε και μέμνασ' απιστείν