Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is this table saw?

I agreel Rockwell/Delta with a Vega fence. I think the manual is for the fence; I zoomed in on the picture and I'm pretty sure the manual says Vega. The red switch is also vintage Rockwell/Delta. Based on the length of the kerf in the ZCI I would also agree it's probably a 9" saw. They seem to go for around $250 or so around here; it's a good saw if there isn't anything mechanically or structurally wrong with it and the Vega fence is a big plus, much better than the original Jet Lock fence.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mark Woodmark View Post
    Looks like an older Delta or Rockwell contractors saw
    I dont think it is a Rockwell because it has "T" slots and I think the Rockwell era had only the 3/8" x 3/4" bar slots. The table extension to the right of the blade looks homemade for a router. Also it has a cast extension table to the left of the blade. The Rockwells and newer Deltas usually came with the pressed steel extensions. Pre 1970's?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    manual looks like it might be for the aftermarket fence/rails...
    Winner the manual is for the fence...

I would ask my uncle for more info but he put the table saw in storage and didn't know himself what model/brand it was.. It was my grandpa's.

I have a friend that is interested in it so I'll see what he thinks about 350-400... The fence alone is ~$300 new and it has a nice mobile base which would be >$100

I did ask him and he ran 10" blades on it..

Thanks much! Jeff
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"