Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this table saw?

What is this table saw?

Hi guys,

My uncle has this table saw he wants me to sell. Just wondering if anyone knew what it was. He sent me a picture but I haven't seen it in person.

Just trying to figure out if it is worth selling it and what he could get.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Blog Entries
    Kind of looks like an old Craftsman to me.

Delta?

Sure looks like a delta paint scheme.

Sure looks like a 60's Delta contractor saw to me. That handwheel and those feet have to be.

Looks like a Craftsman with a Delta paint job. OTOH, the manual on the table, while not easily readable, looks like it might have enough letters for Craftsman and not too few for Delta.

Judging by the feet I would say it's a Delta or Rockwell.
    What does the manual say?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    Looking at the photo, there appears to be an owners manual on the right hand side of the saw table and it appears to have the manufacturers name on the cover. Why not call and ask your Uncle what the book says?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

manual looks like it might be for the aftermarket fence/rails...

I don't know any thing about old table-saws but it looks like the fence may be an after market one. there holes and paint shadows where something else use to be mounted. I have looked at getting a better fence for my craftsman and have found most aftermarket fences to be worth more than my saw. same may be true for you too???

Taking an educated guess: an older Delta (maybe Homecraft) contractors saw. Something tells me it might be a 9" saw. Looks like it has a Vega fence and added router table extension, besides the two nice cast iron wings. IF all is in working order, $350-$400 would be a really nice price. Unless you find the right buyer, it will probably bring much less. The fence alone could bring over $100.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

It looks like a delta miter guage too. Does the miter guage say delta of rockwell?

That table sure looks a lot like a delta/rockwell. Legs and color too.

13. Looks like an older Delta or Rockwell contractors saw

It has to be an old Delta product. That isn't a hollow pot metal craftsman handle,and that switch is the kind old deltas used. Fence is an aftermarket. Feet are typical Delta. Miter gauge looks like a Delta design made for a cheaper level of saw.

Hmmm. I am gonna say Rockwell with a Vega fence.