Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Question - Guide for bits

small bit

I have a post on this thread earlier pertaining to small bits, I could retype all the information but I suck at typing legiblyt the first time
    CW Miller
    Whispering Wood Creations

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Miller View Post
    I have a post on this thread earlier pertaining to small bits, I could retype all the information but I suck at typing legiblyt the first time

Do you have the link to that post? do you remember the name of the post?

Thank you
    Machinaria M350 laser engraver
    CorelDRAW X3
    CorelDRAW 12
    PhotoGrav3

previous post

Sorry had a brain fart, I didn't think to copy and paste. Here is what I wrote earlier. Drillbit City has a good customer service department.

If you are doing really fine work, I would suggest that you use endmills that are intended for cutting circuit boards. DrillBitCity is a yahoo vendor that carries them. Do not buy the burr/rasp style router bits but spend the extra cash and buy the 2 flute endmills, you will be much happier with the results. The Masonic symbol on my avatar was cut with a 1/32" 1 flute end mill. The burr/rasp style bits break too easy and raises my blood pressure.
    I am kicking around the idea of building a laser engraver but am still in the research stages.

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Winston Churchill

Thank you Clarence. I will look into that. About the laser engraver, you may be able to build a small 35 to 50 watt for under $1500. Good luck
    Machinaria M350 laser engraver
    CorelDRAW X3
    CorelDRAW 12
    PhotoGrav3