Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sawstop production on hold

Sawstop production on hold

NBC news announced this morning that SawStop has temporarily halted production of the SawStop saws due to a complaint that has been filed by the AWA (American Weiner Association). The AWA contends that the use of a hot dog to demonstrate the SawStop's safety features puts the hot dog in an unfavorable light by comparing it to a human body part. They contend that sales of hot dogs to woodworkers has actually declined since the SawStop commercials have aired. SawStop is currently in negotiations with Nabisco to use one of their LadyFingers products as an alternative. Everybody out there have a great April 1 and don't get snookered by anyone!

dude. lol. Not cool! I just bought a sawstop a few weeks ago and one of my biggest concerns is that it's a new company and could go out of business!

My eyes were huge when I read the first half of your first sentence. lol

April fools, yes I know.

About time someone injected some humor into the whole Sawstop thing. You had me going for a minute. Good work!

How's this for Sawstop "humor"?

Two years ago, my buddy and I are at a Sacramento Woodworking show and we walk up to the Sawstop demo.

There is a middle aged couple up front and directly in front of the saw blade. She is very nicely dressed, as in, maybe just swung by after church. The guy doing the demo apparently does not realize that the saw needs to see the electrical current inherent in a person's body in order to do it"s thing.

He drops a hot dog into the spinning blade. The blade not only keeps spinning, it pulverizes the hot dog and sends a stream of hot dog juice and fine pieces all over the lady, her dress and her face. It was a real mess.

I doubt that she will ever be on one of those "Spouse Approved" posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borzelleri View Post
    Two years ago, my buddy and I are at a Sacramento Woodworking show and we walk up to the Sawstop demo.

There is a middle aged couple up front and directly in front of the saw blade. She is very nicely dressed, as in, maybe just swung by after church. The guy doing the demo apparently does not realize that the saw needs to see the electrical current inherent in a person's body in order to do it"s thing.

He drops a hot dog into the spinning blade. The blade not only keeps spinning, it pulverizes the hot dog and sends a stream of hot dog juice and fine pieces all over the lady, her dress and her face. It was a real mess.

So, technically if I wasn't touching the ground and dropped myself on the spinning blade I could end up getting mulched! You know its gonna happen to someone and SS will be named in a lawsuit! Almost as rediculous as current tablesaw lawsuits!

All of this technology is worthwhile if it protects our weiners.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I mis-read it, and thought you had misspelled "whiner."

Either way ....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post

I am all for weiner protection!

This thread is going downhill and will be added as a statistic because it mentions SS! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    No matter what, never, ever put your wiener in a spinning saw blade.
    What I would like to know is under what circumstances would you find your wiener even near the saw blade.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Effinger View Post
    No matter what, never, ever put your wiener in a spinning saw blade.
    What I would like to know is under what circumstances would you find your wiener even near the saw blade.
    Google it late at night when you're all alone....
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

And you wonder why Sawstop thread are banned!

Good one! Happy Aprils Fool's day and be safe out there.

Quote Originally Posted by David Prince View Post
    So, technically if I wasn't touching the ground and dropped myself on the spinning blade I could end up getting mulched! You know its gonna happen to someone and SS will be named in a lawsuit! Almost as rediculous as current tablesaw lawsuits!
    actually, I think it just needs something large enough to impact the capacitance. Only a small weiner would get chewed up... a larger weiner would only take a small lick from the blade regardless if it was being handled or not. So you don't have to touch the ground or wear metal plated shoes...

Michael is right. You don't need to be grounded, just the same as you didn't need to be when you were operating those finger touch panels on TV or on some higher end-appliances (with a glass panel).

Now that was a great April 1 post.............I'm still laughing..Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borzelleri View Post

That's really hilarious. Guaranteed that the sawstop tradeshow reps have this exact example in their training manuals. ha ha