Thread: Can't Believe

Can't Believe

Had to race down to the local drugstore - the only thing thats open on a "Goodfriday". Part of the store was blocked off because of the holiday - started looking for a card. Look at all the cards - damn - they are all birthday cards. Looked in the next asile and could see the type of card that I needed...but the damn the asile was in the blocked off section of the store.

I asked one of the women there if she would get me one of those cards - she says that I am not suppose to go in the blocked off area for a sale. But, she went over there and started reading them - do you want a serious one, funny one - I said oh give me a funny one . I didn't really care as long as I had a aniversary card signed and sealed before my wife got up. Went to pay for the card and the bloody thing was $7.35 and I only had $7.00 and 15 cents - she said it was okay "Happy Easter"

I have forgotten the aniversary 4 times since we been married - you can forget about birthdays, christmas and any other type of celebration - but not the "WEDDING ANIVERSARY" - they dont forget.

Anyways got it home in time and safe for another year.

33 years and still going

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Upfold View Post
    33 years and still going

Rod
    Until she joins SawMill Creek and reads this
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

good job

Rod -
    Good for you for doing what you can to remember and do something about it. I am thankful that in 25 years of marriage and two kids I have not once forgotten a birthday or anniversary. Sometimes I have to consciously work at what day it is, but that's just a detail, and I believe in cards and flowers and chocolate, lots of chocolate. She's the same with me.

I suppose I'm just building up karma for the day when I DO forget, then she'll say "oh, that's okay, I know you love me."

Carlos
    Last edited by Carlos Alden; 04-03-2010 at 1:05 AM.

Okay guys - you make me look really bad. Here's my deal. My wife and I (2nd marriage for both of us) got married at a wedding chapel in Yuma Arizona in October of 1977. The following August we had another wedding ceremony in the church with her kids and my kids present.
    Since then (33 years) I've had a good deal going. My wife will say to me, "Its our anniversary." and my reply is always, "Don't we celebrate the other one?"
    It always worked.............at least up till now. (she reads these too!!!)
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Our anniversary is on Christmas Eve. It's difficult to forget.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Rod:

You obviously have a computer. Do you use Outlook or any other software that will let you set up reminders to pop up in advance of an important event? As my son says, don't work when you don't have to; let Bill Gates do the work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    You probably planned it that way just so you wouldn't forget. Sheesh. Makes the rest of us look bad.

Carlos

Blog Entries

Ours too

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    We also got married Christmas eve 1970. It will be 40 years this Christmas. See I even remember the year.

The problem with a Christmas eve anniversary is figuring out what to give her and then also for Christmas followed by her birthday Feb 3....
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

We got married on February 28, which is relatively easy to remember. Of course, I still remember only a day before.

Cheers,

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

Chris, you should have waited a day, then you would only have to remember every 4 years...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Haven't forgotten an Anniversary, only because I vividly remember the one my father forgot! Decided then and there I didn't ever want to go thru that!

Mark

$7.35? I think that last time I bought a card it was like 25 cents.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

My anniversary, My wifes birthday and Valentines day all fall in a 7 day period. I can't forget them EVER.
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    $7.35? I think that last time I bought a card it was like 25 cents.
    He's in Canada so its even worse, but yeah.

Won't say any more lest my cousin-in-law the Hallmark artist reads this.

You should have bought her a lottery ticket!
    I hate cards with a passion and my wife knows it.. I don't know about the 'Hall' part, but 'Mark' certainly describes their customers.. For some strange reason, the Canadian price on cards is usually at least 25% higher, and the Canabuck is touching par with the greenback right now and on track to rise above it again in the next little while.. I would rather take her out and spend a hundred bucks on dinner than give those paper peddling parasites ten cents..
    Last edited by Bill Cunningham; 04-03-2010 at 9:17 PM.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it