Thread: Balance

Balance

I've done a series of searches for info on form and balance of bowls and vessels and I'm coming up short! Any leads on a site, book or DVD on the subject?

I've seen reference to 1/3's and for the most part I think I get it but if there's info to be had on that subject I'm interested!

I feel I've got a pretty good eye and I'm close but still feel I'm missing something!

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

MMc

Mike - the Golden Rule goes by a lot of different names but the premise remains the same. Here is a site that has just about everything you can imagine that deals with Phi: http://www.goldennumber.net/
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Try Richard Raffan's Turned Bowl Design (ISBN 0850913039) pages 44 - 46 deal with the Golden Mean and proportion. There is a 48 page chapter on Forms with line drawings of various forms.

Ditto recommendation for Turned Bowl Design. I think it is a little difficult to find since it is an older B&W book. A lot of great insight, though. I got my copy from Alibris(dot)com for around $10.

There is also Raffan's "The Art of Turned Bowls" which has been helpful for me. I am not familiar with Turned Bowl Design, but it may be similar.

+1 for both Raffan books.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.