Thread: Blade for Festool TS55

Blade for Festool TS55

Does anyone have a suggestion for a blade for the Festool TS55? The blade that comes with it is 160 mm diameter (about 6.25") and has a 20 mm bore. I could buy a Festool brand blade but thought there might be something a little more economical.

The Freud an Tenryu blades are excellent but not much cleaper then the Festool. Oshlun makes some inexpensive blades but I haven't seen anyone comment that has used them.

I've heard of guys boring out a standard blade to 20mm, apparently there's a metric step drill out there somewhere. I'll be trying the Oshlun blade shortly, I've got their 8" dado and it's great. Truthfully, I don't have a problem with paying for the Festool blades, they're really really good blades.

The Festool blades can also be sharpened by any reputable saw shop.
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

I bought an Oshlun SBFT-160048 160mm, 48 tooth, 20mm arbor blade on Amazon for $19.99 for my ATF55E.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John McClanahan View Post
    I bought an Oshlun SBFT-160048 160mm, 48 tooth, 20mm arbor blade on Amazon for $19.99 for my ATF55E.

John
    Any review?