Thread: Happy Easter

Happy Easter

Hi All,

I had the urge to try making the zig zag pattern that I saw in a book on segmented bowl turning, so I used Easter as an excuse to have some fun. The eggs are maple, walnut and eucalyptus. The bowl is almond, taken from one of the last trees in the orchard that we removed last month as we are preparing it to be replanted with walnuts.

Brent
    Easter Basket.jpg

This is where the almond wood came from. It’s hard to watch the trees being removed when you have spent the past 30 years trying to keep them healthy and alive, but it’s time to prepare the orchard to be replanted, this time with walnuts. I saved a few pieces for turning, but with over 40,000 trees in the orchards, wood is never in short supply.
    IMG_1146.jpg
    Orchard 3 removal.jpg

Happy Easter. Cool looking eggs.

Very cool

Very cool looking eggs Brent. Happy Easter.
    Mike

Brent - real nice work on the eggs!

To bad they don't have some sort of an adopt a tree program - shame to see all those trees turned into mulch.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Very nice work on the eggs - and the bowl!! The almond looks to be a very nice wood, and it certainly would make one sick to watch all of that wasted.

Cool eggs. Happy Easter.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Happy Easter. Good looking eggs & basket. Like the wood shavings as grass. Man that's a bummer watching all that wood going through the tub grinder. Although I'm glad to see it was a cat doing the work because I work for a cat dealership.