Thread: Alternative Blades for Festool Saws

Alternative Blades for Festool Saws

I think that there are alternate suppliers of saw blades for the TS55, however I am thinking of buying the TS75. Does anyone out there know of a source for non-festool blades?
    If this has been covered before I could not find it.

Unless they are custom made by someone like Nordic Saw and Tool, I think you are stuck with festools' offerings. But I am not an expert on festool.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Rollins View Post
    I think that there are alternate suppliers of saw blades for the TS55, however I am thinking of buying the TS75. Does anyone out there know of a source for non-festool blades?
    If this has been covered before I could not find it.
    Scott,

Check Tenyru and Forrest.

Bob
    bob m

2nd for Tenryu

I've been very happy with the Tenryu blades I have for my TS55. It's nice having them all the same kerf, saves on splinter guards.

Oshlun makes one that is basically identical to the stock blade, but something like $20 from Holbren. I've got one on my saw right now and can't tell the difference between it and the more expensive stock blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Oshlun makes one that is basically identical to the stock blade, but something like $20 from Holbren. I've got one on my saw right now and can't tell the difference between it and the more expensive stock blade.
    I'd be real interested in knowing how long the Oshlum holds up. Please keep us informed.

For my hobby use--probably a long time.