Thread: Go Big or Go Home

Go Big or Go Home

Seriously being asked to get a quote on either a pass through (DO NOT WANT)...or a 4' by 8' work area laser (MOST DEFINITELY DO WANT...Drool Drool).

Saw this one...http://www.jamiesonlaser.com/lasersy...20Features.htm

Wondering if anyone out there has experience with any large work surface lasers.

Between the time we spend cutting down 4 X 8 sheets and the increase in material utlization (less scrap), I am pretty sure I can justify one of these machines, I just have to write up a proposal.

Not to mention I could do some wicked cool 4 X 8 mirrors for the house! (Did I say that?).

We would keep the Epilog 36EXT for those "small" jobs, but for 95% of our commercial/industrial work, the large scale would be wicked...plus we'd help stimulate the economy...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ross View Post
    Seriously being asked to get a quote on either a pass through (DO NOT WANT)...or a 4' by 8' work area laser (MOST DEFINITELY DO WANT...Drool Drool).

Saw this one...http://www.jamiesonlaser.com/lasersy...20Features.htm

Wondering if anyone out there has experience with any large work surface lasers.
    This was good till I saw the 2" Z work area... that limits it by a lot, I have lasered numerous objects thicker than 2" on my small bed laser.

Kim
    Epilog 24TT 45W

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Vellore View Post
    This was good till I saw the 2" Z work area... that limits it by a lot, I have lasered numerous objects thicker than 2" on my small bed laser.
    No worries, just order this model: http://www.jamiesonlaser.com/TOMBSTONES/TOMBSTONES.HTM
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    I looked at purchasing a 4x8 100watt from rabbit laser for doing pictures in wood doors.( They never got back to me with a quote, and I'll be dammed if I will ever chase a salesman.)I also asked Camaster on a quote to upgrade my router with a laser head same thing.
    I did discover that a potential problem would be getting large bitmap files to the laser. It appears that there a size cap on bitmap files. also a lot of foreign machines need the in plt format to work properly even though they may say otherwise. get them to run a file for you before you purchase.

Let us know how it works out for you.
    jim j.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

The only way I want to send files is via panelized Corel Draw....

File...print...hmm...I hope corel can allow those work sizes...I better check. I don't want to have to learn new software, the thing about old dog and new tricks is becoming more relevant every day.